2008 Suburban custom tail light Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

007matman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually bought this light and "kit" to make it full width from a forum member on here, I just wired it a lil differently than everyone else.

I cannot provide a parts list because I was sworn to secrecy... Lol

I can tell you that all of the factory LEDs are replaced with this mod.
Could you point me in the direction of that write-up?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
So I kinda did the same. I wired in red parking lights and white reverse lights with switchbacks. So no flash circuit is being used. But the red stays constant on when I throw it in reverse. Wonder how I can make the red turn off and only let the white stay on.:think:

Right now I have pink reverse lights lol.
I tagged you in my build thread

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
So I kinda did the same. I wired in red parking lights and white reverse lights with switchbacks. So no flash circuit is being used. But the red stays constant on when I throw it in reverse. Wonder how I can make the red turn off and only let the white stay on.:think:

Right now I have pink reverse lights lol.
I tagged you in my build thread

I didn't receive a notification that I was tagged BUT my best guess is that you got type 1 switchbacks and not type 2 switchbacks OR maybe they are just cheap crappy LEDs.

If they were white/amber switchbacks and hooked to
parking light and turn signal it would work like this...

Type 1 = white parking light... activate turn signal= amber... white... amber... white

Type 2 = white parking light... activate turn signal= amber... off... amber... off....(turn signal off=back to white)

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I didn't receive a notification that I was tagged BUT my best guess is that you got type 1 switchbacks and not type 2 switchbacks OR maybe they are wired incorrectly.
Wired correctly. Polarity checked. Type 1 or 2 should still have running lights switch off. Idk doesn't bother me too much. Just curious if you had an idea. :shrug:

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Wired correctly. Polarity checked. Type 1 or 2 should still have running lights switch off. Idk doesn't bother me too much. Just curious if you had an idea. :shrug:

I was editing my post whenever you replied... lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645