2008 Suburban custom tail light Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Here you go...

Brake light with integrated turn signals.

I have never seen this done before... Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

007matman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be great if you could do a bit of a write-up on how you did that brake light. I have an Esky and a few of the led's are burnt out. I'd also really like to have them all the way across. There is an aftermarket unit but I'd rather fix the one I have. Could you provide more details on the supplies you used and how you wired it up?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn. I knew you were going to stretch the envelope. That is sweet!!

How did you wire that in to get the turn signals in. Man that is cool as heck.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
It would be great if you could do a bit of a write-up on how you did that brake light. I have an Esky and a few of the led's are burnt out. I'd also really like to have them all the way across. There is an aftermarket unit but I'd rather fix the one I have. Could you provide more details on the supplies you used and how you wired it up?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I actually bought this light and "kit" to make it full width from a forum member on here, I just wired it a lil differently than everyone else.

I cannot provide a parts list because I was sworn to secrecy... Lol

I can tell you that all of the factory LEDs are replaced with this mod.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Damn. I knew you were going to stretch the envelope. That is sweet!!

How did you wire that in to get the turn signals in. Man that is cool as heck.

I wired all of the resistors and voltage regulators for each half separately and then used a wiring converter for a trailer to go from a 5 wire system to a 4 wire system to make it function as turns and brakes.

Thanks for the compliments.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Ha I knew it's was integrated turns:happy107:. For some reason you said twist and I was thinking of the same concept as the line of fire strip with separate turns all the way across.
It was either that or integrated reverse lights.....or sequential turns :hmm:

Looks awesome man, first one that I've seen or know of in the world. My kind of mods!!!:boobs:

Now eventually you have to get esky tails:D

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
[QUOTE="0, post: 110147, member: 39693 knew it's was integrated turns:happy107:. For some reason you said twist and I was thinking of the same concept as the line of fire strip with separate turns all the way across.
It was either that or integrated reverse lights.....or sequential turns :hmm:

Looks awesome man, first one that I've seen or know of in the world. My kind of mods!!!:boobs:

Now eventually you have to get esky tails:D[/QUOTE]

Thanks... I would love to have sequential turns in the 3rd brake light but that is beyond my skill set.

I have thought about it but I kinda like my modded stock lights because nobody has those except me (yet) and lots of folks have the Esky lights... I like to be different.

I also removed the plastic "handle" from the rear glass... But not until after the video... So I guess I'm not entirely a rebel... Lol

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I wired all of the resistors and voltage regulators for each half separately and then used a wiring converter for a trailer to go from a 5 wire system to a 4 wire system to make it function as turns and brakes.

Thanks for the compliments.

Sweet, dude. Smart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518