2008 Denali "Service Suspension System" message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ulakovic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there are several ways to do this, but I would just grab the +12V lead and run a jumper to it and see if it kicks on at all. When mine died it was a slow death and when it would kick on you could just hear it getting louder and running slower until it just stopped turning on.

ulakovic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get under there and check all your connections? Something isn't sending a signal to the compressor to turn on and air up the bags. It could be the leveling sensors are not reading that it needs to be leveled out or the electronic dampening connector is not hooked up or the wires are crimped or shorted out.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Follow the strut all the way up to the frame. The plug at the top of the strut likes to come loose when rebooting in the strut. Especially on the passenger side. Grab the plug and squeeze it, see if it clicks. I've seen this happen a couple times.

OP
OP
S

Snicklefritz303

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Follow the strut all the way up to the frame. The plug at the top of the strut likes to come loose when rebooting in the strut. Especially on the passenger side. Grab the plug and squeeze it, see if it clicks. I've seen this happen a couple times.

I actually did run into this when installing the new shocks and my dash lit up with ABS warnings as well as Traction Control warnings. I got under the car again last night and checked all the connections, all connections are good and plugged in. I'm afraid at this point I might be making another trip to the dealer to get them to run the codes unless anyone has any other suggestions.

I'd also like to thank everyone who has commented and tried to help with this issue, I really appreciate the help everyone!

t.stimpson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seems like i read somewhere that there is some connection on top of the frame rail near the compressor that people have bumped and caused the air ride light to come on???? Or am I crazy? lol. Anyways maybe you bumped that when installing the shocks, dunno. I dont think you can see it, but you can feel it.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
give me a call. Ill walk you thru it over the phone

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just got mine back from the dealership. I was throwing code C0585 #4, and we were unable to fix it at home. They had it for less than a day, and replaced the left rear shock absorber. There was an open circuit.

Hopefully that helps anyone else with this issue!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz