2008 Denali "Service Suspension System" message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snicklefritz303

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was receiving a "Service Suspension System" message on the dash of my 2008 Yukon Denali for a while, I took it into the dealer who said that I needed to replace the rear shocks and wanted $1200 for it. I decided to replace the shocks myself with the Arnott AS-2708 re-manufactured shocks. After replacing the shocks I am still getting that "Service Suspension System" message on the dash. Any thoughts on what may be causing that or anything I should check before taking it back to the dealer?

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easiest way is to have it scanned to see what is tripping the message...can be a multitude of things from compressor to sensors to module....have you heard the compressor kick on since the rears were replaced? Autoride is nice but can be a PITA if problems occur....

OP
OP
S

Snicklefritz303

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Service Suspension System msg only comes on intermittently with no real rhyme or reason for doing so. I have not heard the compressor come on but have been the only one in the truck since replacing the rear shocks and have not had any weight in the vehicle.

02Burgundybeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure your leads are plugged in tight to the shocks and are not crimped. They could be loose.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lay under the truck squeeze the bladder on the shocks. Are they hard? Ie full of air. Start there.

OP
OP
S

Snicklefritz303

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The shock bladders are not firm. Would the bags inflate if there was no load on the vehicle causing the compressor to switch on?

1clean08denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When mine did thay it was the little levelers qhere off it will kick a service suspension on the dash and in return cut the compressor off. Took it to the dealer and had my buddy put it up on the rack to figure it out. Took him about 4 min to fix.

ulakovic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to check all the connections underneath and make sure everything is hooked up. Air bladders should have air in them all the time, so check compressor and leveling sensors

K9Caddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
More than likely it's the compressor. You can purchase new on Amazon for about $250 and instal in less than 30min.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn