2007 off road tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bmxdannyo

Reaction score
More additions to the tahoe are on their way.
The end goal is for an expedition rig that I can take wherever. I will be working in the rockies in the summer so I hope to have it set up by then.
- Date has been set for rock sliders at the shop
-defender roof rack on the way
-cobra 75wx radio with noaa on the way
-installed antenna bracket at the base of rear tail light

07Z71hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who makes those lights and how much they cost you? Going to order that light bar for Christmas

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, keep posing pics. Expedition rig in the Rockies, it's going to be a tight squeeze through those trails! IMO higher clearance front/rear bumpers, winch, and at least a rear locker is a must to navigate those trails. Also do you have one of those expedition trailers?

BTW where in the Rockies are you going? Should be fun in any case and post the offroad pics :).

OP
OP
B

bmxdannyo

Reaction score
Lights are made by Hellas, they are called black magic lights. I have the 1000 series but they have a 500 too.

I don't have a expo trailer....yet, but I've got it to where I can take out the rear seats and sleep in the back on a blow up mattress. I will be at copper mtn Colorado, in summit county next to breckenridge and on the Denver side of vail.

Edit: I'm not doing crazy stuff out there, but the passes over the mountains and some back country exploring. I will have the rock sliders. If you place the tires right, I've been able to get over some sizable ledges. I'm hoping I won't have to do the bumpers before I go, but it is still on the list

Last edited:

The Pawnbroker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
BMX,
I really love the way you're doing your rig. I'm looking to do a similar type of setup. I tow mine behind my RV and want to head out west soon. I'm on the east coast.
I may have missed it, but could you please give me the tire and wheel size? I ordered the CCD 2.5/1 leveling/lift kit and should have that on within about a week. I want to go with 17 inch wheels so I have more rubber vs wheel. Did you have to do any trimming at all? I'm hoping not to have to do any if possible.
Thanks a lot. Awesome looking rig.

OP
OP
B

bmxdannyo

Reaction score
BMX,
I really love the way you're doing your rig. I'm looking to do a similar type of setup. I tow mine behind my RV and want to head out west soon. I'm on the east coast.
I may have missed it, but could you please give me the tire and wheel size? I ordered the CCD 2.5/1 leveling/lift kit and should have that on within about a week. I want to go with 17 inch wheels so I have more rubber vs wheel. Did you have to do any trimming at all? I'm hoping not to have to do any if possible.
Thanks a lot. Awesome looking rig.

Thanks, i have xd enduro 17'' wheels with 285/70/17 bfg km2 tires. Yes, I did have some trimming - nothing extreme.

If you have the LT factory side step you will notice the front of the step goes to a point past the metal and into the back of the wheel well. I cut mine with the body line with a jig saw and you cant even notice that anything was done.

In the front of the wheel well i just cut a circle out where the tire touched - that you will notice after the tire goes on. I drove with out cutting the front until the tire wore through the plastic (at that point you will hear the tire catch every now and again and it will be clear where to cut).

OP
OP
B

bmxdannyo

Reaction score
Still waiting on a couple big shipments to make there way here but a small update:
Swapped the walmart cb for the cobra 75, much more clear and im thinking that noaa weather will help out on the road trips
-Having no cb box and wires around is much nicer

C1622171-orig.jpg

94BACDA6-orig.jpg

mcm1209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome Danny!
Just bought the wife an 09 in the same color.
Just ordered the leveling kit. Wheels and tries to follow soon.

What light bar is that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401