2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Member just posted thisView attachment 406081used these for his stabilizer.
Perfect thank you! Added to my amazon cart.
LKQ has a 9.5 with 118K miles in Lake City for $375. I'll have an incomplete spare but not sure when it would become available, next year sometime most likely.
I’m gonna end up doing a full rebuild and I’m not too concerned about having the truck down awhile so idk if $375 is worth the cost. That’s half the price of a trutrac.

Why are you gonna have a spare tho?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are you gonna have a spare tho?
I have two and going to regear one with 3.73s. Haven't opened up either yet. I was just getting ready when Covid swept through the house again. And as you know, it's been wicked hot and if I play even in the shade outside for too long, that could be detrimental to my health! So it's been slow going and vacation is coming up.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two and going to regear one with 3.73s. Haven't opened up either yet. I was just getting ready when Covid swept through the house again. And as you know, it's been wicked hot and if I play even in the shade outside for too long, that could be detrimental to my health! So it's been slow going and vacation is coming up.
No joke it’s been hot! All you jerks on here with catless Y pipes are really screwing us Floridians.

You keeping the G80 or slapping a trutrac in?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No joke it’s been hot! All you jerks on here with catless Y pipes are really screwing us Floridians.

You keeping the G80 or slapping a trutrac in?
I thought about the Trutrac for drag racing but shelved the idea for now. Going to spend a lot of money on repairing all four bucket seats and door gaskets soon. If it would just cool down some so I can even go outside and get started! LOL

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I thought about the Trutrac for drag racing but shelved the idea for now. Going to spend a lot of money on repairing all four bucket seats and door gaskets soon. If it would just cool down some so I can even go outside and get started! LOL
What's wrong with the seats James? Torn or just beat up looking?

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my diesel hydro booster unit in and it feels great, much better than the old Tahoe unit and exactly how I remember my Silverado feeling. I did notice the 290k mile Tahoe unit has been leaking awhile and it’s actually something I remember seeing when I first bought the truck. I would wash the engine bay and a few days layers some grimy buildup would be around the booster.

So it’s possible that just the Tahoe unit was wore slap out, but I think it’s the 12k# rating vs the 7,200# rating.

Also interesting is that Hummer H2s have an even different hydroboost unit that’s rated for 9,900#.

Diesel guys seems to think the 2011 LML duramax booster is even better than the 12k# unit found in 2001-2010 diesels. So I’m trying to dig some ratings up on those but nothing yet.

Attachments

• IMG_8970.jpeg
    IMG_8970.jpeg
    341.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8971.png
    IMG_8971.png
    702.5 KB · Views: 2

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with the seats James? Torn or just beat up looking?
The RR seat, the inner finish panel keeps falling off. There is a broken piece of plastic inside that prevents the new one from fitting flush and my father and oldest daughter keep breaking off every new one. So after the 4th one, I just kept it off but it looks terrible and needs fixin'. I want to take the seat out, put it on my work bench and fix it.

The RF seat, the front adjustment never worked, broken gears. The LF seat's front adjust recently quit working. Going to replace the track, motor and gear assemblies on both. The LR seat's heating function works intermittently. If left on too long it will throw a code and quit working until cleared.

The front seat cushions could use renewing or replacement, the leather is fine and not torn, even where the driver's seat usually tears mine has not. I slide out the opposite way of most folks I guess!

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m about to lose my mind over this AC again. After repairing the bare wires going to the pressure sensor that was eliciting the P0530 code it worked great for a few days. Then like usual it stopped working again, but has no code and my wire repair was very solid. Is it possible that it’s the HVAC control panel in the dash, or the blower motor resistor?

Looking at a scanner when the AC button is pressed ON, the scanner shows AC requested NO. As if the button is just broken.

Any of you TECH2 owners think a tech2 would have some sort of function that would help over HPT or this Autell?

Attachments

• IMG_9061.jpeg
    IMG_9061.jpeg
    233.8 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I never updated this, the AC issue ended up being a bad pin in the pigtail going to the pressure sensor. That’s been fixed and it’s had no AC issues. I did start having horrible REP issues again and swapped the little black control box on the firewall with a known good one and I think it’s fixed. I honestly only drive the truck a few times a month now which is nice, it needed a break from the 20k a year it got for a few years. I still have all the 4x4 swap parts and I might be looking at doing that in the late spring.

Been jamming away at making my ****** little ranger become a good DD and it’s excelling so far!

Attachments

• IMG_0288.jpeg
    IMG_0288.jpeg
    585.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0215.jpeg
    IMG_0215.jpeg
    608.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0022.jpeg
    IMG_0022.jpeg
    680.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9766.jpeg
    IMG_9766.jpeg
    784.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9765.jpeg
    IMG_9765.jpeg
    760.8 KB · Views: 5

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I never updated this, the AC issue ended up being a bad pin in the pigtail going to the pressure sensor. That’s been fixed and it’s had no AC issues. I did start having horrible REP issues again and swapped the little black control box on the firewall with a known good one and I think it’s fixed. I honestly only drive the truck a few times a month now which is nice, it needed a break from the 20k a year it got for a few years. I still have all the 4x4 swap parts and I might be looking at doing that in the late spring.

Been jamming away at making my ****** little ranger become a good DD and it’s excelling so far!

Motherfuckín' son of a gun!

See, your Tahoe might be big and shit but it ain't no fuckín' Ford fuckín' RANGER!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar