2007 GMC Yukon --100k maintenance suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lawfarm

Reaction score
We recently purchased a 2007 Yukon SLT, 5.3L Flex, 4x4. We'll quickly be coming up on 100k miles, and I was looking for any suggestions on major maintenance to do at that point. I was thinking:
  1. Oil change
  2. Auto trans filter and fluid
  3. Differential oil change (f/r)
  4. Trans case fluid change
  5. Spark plugs
  6. Spark plug wires
  7. Air filter (if needed)
  8. Serpentine belt
  9. Thermostat and radiator hoses, radiator fluid flush???
  10. PCV?
  11. Check u-joints and CV joints.
Anything else that members would recommend taking a shot at, based on past experience?

Any "if you're doing X, then do Y while you're in there" type suggestions? Everything feels good and tight in the steering/suspension; shocks feel good as well. Idler pulleys have no whine or wobble, all seems pretty good.

Are there any grease zerks on a stock Yukon?

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
You just about covered everything. If you're doing the serp, won't be a bad idea to do the ac belt. You have to remove the serp belt to get to it so why not? You have the owners manual? They list everything in there.
Others things you could do is a power steering flush and check suspension. You're probably I need of ball joints

Polaris425

Reaction score
I would add in there F&R brake pads. Or at least double check them, and the rotors. And fuel filter.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I turkey baster out the brake and power steering fluid a couple of times and get it clean like that.

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got 134K and 12 years on my belt tensioners, thermostat, and rad hoses. I think those may be a tad overkill to do as preventative on an 07 with 100k. Id just do a coolant flush and change both belts. Brakes do as needed, there's no reason to replace them because the truck has x amount of miles. Just check them. Grease all suspension components/check for play. Spark plug wires can be reused unless they're destroyed taking them off, they last a lot longer than the plugs. If its like an 06 model, doesn't have a pcv valve. Has a baffled valve cover which only needs cleaned once its time to do valve cover gaskets. I know i'll catch flak for this but oh well. I would say to do the power steering flush, mine was nasty after 100k. Also a brake fluid flush MAYBE, I bought a mityvac pressure bleeder, turned it into a super easy job. My fluid was pretty dirty after 125k. Doesnt have a fuel filter.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Just a Just a heads up. Im flushing my cooling system. You will need 18 quarts or 4.5 gallons to be exact. This alone cost me 80 bucks, Thermostat was another 40.

FuzzyChopz

Reaction score
I would also add a bottle of chevron techron to the fuel tank. And clean the throttle body and maf sensor.

Polaris425

Reaction score
I believe the fuel filters in these vehicles are a integral part of the fuel pump, and can not be replaced by themselves. I could be mistaken.

I don't have a clue. But knowing GM, you're probably right.

Posted via TapaTalk for iPhone6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16