2007 front seats swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's pps?[/QUO
Passenger presence system for airbag on/off.... goes by weight if there is a oassenger that is less then a certain weight or stufff on front seat that is less than specified weight the airbag goes off... its like 3rd gen airbag/smart airbag system or some shit

n5yzv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
PPS = Passenger Presence System. This engages the passenger airbag. I need to get mine back out to my interior guy. We are going to pull the PPS from the old, and install on the new so the BCM is happy. Yeah, I'll get some pics. Currently, I pulled the large roof rack off, as the wind noise was killing me. So, I'm making some new mount brackets to place my 2 x 100W solar panels on the roof. I had one mounted in the previous rack, but the new will be much lower profile, and I'll have 2. The cross members are 1/8" thick x 1 1/2" square Aluminum tubing. I'll have on each side of each panel and will span the width of the roof. This will be dam strong. I should still be able to use the top side to throw kayaks, flat lumber, etc., over the panels if I need.

n5yzv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh, forgot to mention: I have a second AGM battery, that has an automatic isolator from the starting battery (charges when engine is running). This battery is kept charged while the engine is off from a solar charger and the panels. On this second battery, I have my ham radio gear, 1500w inverter (powers a Keurig and a small microwave when I am on trips) and a ARB 12v Refrigerator/Freezer. I've had one panel on it for about 2 years. I've never had an issue, but with the addition of the second panel, it will make a cleaner roof surface and ensure I have adequate power.
After the panel project, I plan to put a slide out in the rear, with some custom made storage drawers. This will make loading/unloading stuff much easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879