2006 Yukon Denali that takes gas very slow at fill up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wash

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For a couple years now I've had to fill my Denali very slow with gas. Actually takes me like 20 Minutes to fill up even when not totally empty. I spoke with a Mechanic, he says the there's a lever within the fill line on my model that must be stuck either closed?? Has anyone else had this problem?

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lots have had this problem, and most still do...
things to replace
1. charcoal canister
2. evap/vent solenoid
3. purge valve

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the part referenced in the thread below, but I still have to nurse the pump from time to time to get it to fill without constantly clicking off. The newer the gas pump, the worse the problem is. The old school skinny pump handles give me no problems whatsoever. I'm not convinced it's a problem with our trucks, but perhaps an incompatibility with the newer style gas pumps.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thre...you-unable-to-fill-your-tank-look-here.16989/

OP
OP
Wash

Wash

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update guys. No engine light since Replacing my CANISTER PURGE SOLENOID VALVE. Cost me about $35 @ the dealer.... Also tonight was my first fill up since replacing the valve. I literally filled me truck up with 18 Gallons of gas in like 5 minutes. Problem fixed!!!!!!!! I appreciate the insight guys. Thanx to Anthony and all that replied......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roflwaffle

Latest posts