2005 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LinuxMint

Reaction score
My parents bought a Yukon XL Denali AWD new in 2005. We're now at 298,400 miles, and without too many hiccups. It's hauled way more than it ever should have (10,000lb trailers in the mountains), and survived my sister rear-ending someone. It had a re-manufactured transmission put in around 244,000. The only other major thing it's done is blown sparkplugs out of the aluminum heads two or three times.

Just a little testimony to GM's amazing engineering, and a slight brag.

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
My parents bought a Yukon XL Denali AWD new in 2005. We're now at 298,400 miles, and without too many hiccups. It's hauled way more than it ever should have (10,000lb trailers in the mountains), and survived my sister rear-ending someone. It had a re-manufactured transmission put in around 244,000. The only other major thing it's done is blown sparkplugs out of the aluminum heads two or three times.

Just a little testimony to GM's amazing engineering, and a slight brag.

Isn't it weird how good these denali's are at towing. The 6.0 has loads of power. My denali has towed TONS, over 20k miles with a trailer I bet and the only wear and tear is a ripped air shock boot, just too expensive to replace right now.

These trucks last forever.

DeepSeaFish

Reaction score
OEM trans lasted 'til 244k ?? That's very impressive in my book. Gives me hope for my '06 then with 107k pulling a boat around. One thing I'm curious of is have you ever had autoride issues or have the gauges ever quit working?