2005 Chevy surburban fans don’t work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevywalt66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi i have a 2005 Chevy surburban I found that my fans are not coming on. So I unplugged the temp sensor and they run high speed. So I replaced the temp sensor and they still don’t come on. What do I do.

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to TYF!

Tell us a bit more about your Suburban -- year, etc. so we can put this thread in the right section.

Maybe put it in your signature so it's always there for us to see.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi i have a 2005 Chevy surburban I found that my fans are not coming on. So I unplugged the temp sensor and they run high speed. So I replaced the temp sensor and they still don’t come on. What do I do.
after you replaced the temp sensor, do you get the correct temp on the cluster?, did you get the engine up to running temp? does it overheat while idling? turned on the ac/defrost?
results?
previous history? has the temp been reading normal? any work done to it?

OP
OP
C

Chevywalt66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
after you replaced the temp sensor, do you get the correct temp on the cluster?, did you get the engine up to running temp? does it overheat while idling? turned on the ac/defrost?
results?
I do get correct temp at cluster. I turned the ax and defrost on and still does not come on. The only time it will come on is when I disconnect the temp sensor both fans come on at high speed. No previous work done to truck.

OP
OP
C

Chevywalt66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also my AC system is not operating and it is not filled with refriedgerant. It has a leak and I’m waiting on parts to replace compressor and drier.

OP
OP
C

Chevywalt66

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
results?
It never overheats. It runs a little high at idle in town but that’s it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan