2003 Yukon XL Non XM AUX Input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SP543

Reaction score
picked up an 03 Yukon XL. Has the Bose speakers but not the XM radio so I can't do the known XM aux input. What do I need to get an aux cable for the stock radio? Prefer one that doesn't mess with radio frequencies, rather have it hard wired in. Thanks

Mr. 960

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not 100% certain, but I'd think you could just pull the radio out and connect pins straight to the radio. Just get the wiring diagram for the AUX cd changer, as it will be the same. You might scour a wrecking yard and cut the plug off the harness to just about any mid 2000's car that has the additional CD/XM/On Star plug.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not 100% certain, but I'd think you could just pull the radio out and connect pins straight to the radio. Just get the wiring diagram for the AUX cd changer, as it will be the same. You might scour a wrecking yard and cut the plug off the harness to just about any mid 2000's car that has the additional CD/XM/On Star plug.
Yes and no. He'd still have to use the source of the cdx and go directly to the amp if he doesn't have a cdx. OP, do you have touchscreen nav?

OP
OP
S

SP543

Reaction score
No, no touch screen. Here is a picture of what I have.

image.jpg

OP
OP
S

SP543

Reaction score
I had an 02 yukon with the premium sound system, no bose or xm, and used something similar to this with 2 RCA ports that I could plug in a RCA to AUX cable and it worked well:
https://jet.com/product/pdp/36b37fd...5M_ILeVuvAY979prZmyM0IqrTuVbZxcQNAaAngf8P8HAQ

Having trouble finding one for this radio though. From what I remember it disabled the cassette player, or needed a cassette to be inserted in order to play the iPod through the aux cable.

OP
OP
S

SP543

Reaction score
Would there be wires from the cassette deck that I could tap an aux input into? Similar to the XM aux mod with 2 wires and a ground? Rather not dump bunch of money into a touch screen system, might look into an simple aftermarket deck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleeeper