2003 tahoe no crank no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smoore

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 2003 tahoe, was running fine and next day wouldn't start. Accessories, dash lights up, but when turn to start and nothing. No click nothing, it's like when you turn on all power is cut off. You can't even tell that you turn the key to the on position. Checked starter, battery, fuses, relays, changed ignition switch, tested neutral safety switch,tried all the tricks found on the internet with the key and gear shift. I'm desperate and need help.

OP
OP
S

smoore

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also when I try the code reader it just says error and won't read.

OP
OP
S

smoore

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If anyone can offer ideas I would greatly appreciate it

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

When I first read this, my first thought was an ignition switch. Then I saw that you changed that. If the starter and battery are good, you said you checked them but have no idea how you checked them, you may have a pass lock problem. Do you have anything like that, that you know of? Take the battery cables off and let sit for 5 minutes and then reattach and see what happens.

OP
OP
S

smoore

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm battery is brand new, and i don't think it's the pass lock cause I can't remember the exact steps but I found a way to check it on Google,

OP
OP
S

smoore

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
And I have a code reader that plugs in and a Bluetooth one and neither of them will read.

OP
OP
S

smoore

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With the new battery it still won't start but when turned to on position, the only sound it makes.is a faint click that comes from the relay

OP
OP
S

smoore

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If anyone knows what I need to do or any suggestions I would be very grateful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz