2001 Yukon XL Coolant/Heat Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

JSLayton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK, finally got a chance to take a look at it. I wait a couple of days to let it dry out and I topped it off with water and crawled under to see what I could find out. The picture that I posted is the front of the engine basically directly in the middle of the car. The only place that I could see it actively dripping was where I circled in red in the photo. Thoughts??

Attachments

• engine1.jpg
    engine1.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 34

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried to look at it with the engine on and up to operating temp? It's most probably leaking from somewhere up above and dripping down to that spot. If it's not spaying all over the place, can you trace the leak. Difficult to see the start of the leak when you're looking at the end.

NJTaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried to look at it with the engine on and up to operating temp? It's most probably leaking from somewhere up above and dripping down to that spot. If it's not spaying all over the place, can you trace the leak. Difficult to see the start of the leak when you're looking at the end.

I agree, fill it up and run the vehicle to see where it's really leaking from. Just don't let it all leak out and overheat.

Reaction score
OK, finally got a chance to take a look at it. I wait a couple of days to let it dry out and I topped it off with water and crawled under to see what I could find out. The picture that I posted is the front of the engine basically directly in the middle of the car. The only place that I could see it actively dripping was where I circled in red in the photo. Thoughts??

Were you able to fix your issue? I just noticed today that I am having the same issue. All my coolant drained overnight. Mine seems to dripping from the mid area of the engine.

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1...bet water pump...it drips on the ac belt then sprays everywhere. My ac belt has a orange tint to it.

Reaction score
The leak is coming from the Water Pump. Thank you so much guys. Now should I worry about what brand to replace the Water Pump? I see several brands on eBay. Your advice is greatly appreciated! Much Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879