2001 Tahoe Blinking Check Engine Light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly the Delco plugs have a spot of platinum on the ground electrode that you can see as the little white dot on the plug on the bottom.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
there iridium for 2001 look like this:

bn_iridium_plug.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

BTW, why is there a hole in the throttle plate?

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are worn out but I really can't see those being original plugs. 200k miles. I just cant see that happening. Not impossible but I cant see it happening.

Thumper8302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn.. that throttle body was nasty as hell... im pushin 240xxx on mine and ive only cleaned mine with a tooth brush and a rag with it still on the motor.... kinda been leery on yankin it and actually CLEANIN it... was it a pain gettin the butterfly out? and how much of a pain was it installin it back to the manifold?

OP
OP
Justin509

Justin509

Reaction score
I put autolite xp iridium plugs back in. As far as the plugs being factory that's what it's looking like. They are acdelco ngk pztr5a and are long gone! Lol... As far as cleaning the tb while it was still bolted up I didnt want dirt and gunk travel down stream to my injectors. After I cleaned that I pulled both fuel rails and made a little home made injector cleaning setup. And I'm on my last injector... Ill put it all back together and see how it runs. If it still running bad then I guess it's gonna be one of the coils.

OP
OP
Justin509

Justin509

Reaction score
This is the home made setup I made to clean the injectors.. Dont laugh lol it works..
7b2a8164.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

O and after all the injectors were cleaned and put back in it still is missing! so I will be getting it on a scanner in the morning to see what is exactly going on.

Diggerdan11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The same exact thing just happend to me this last weekend. The week before the CEL came on on the Tahoe so I went to o'reilly's and borroed there Scanner and it showed the P0420 and P0430 codes which are Catalyst efficency belwo threshold. I figured it would not be that big of a deal to drive it for a couple weeks till i could get it figured out. Well i attempted to accelerate up a hill and the truck lost power the RPMs started to bounce and the CEL started flashing. I took it right back to O'reilly's and it showed a code saying there was a missfire. I have read that a clogged Cat could definetly cause a problem within the Cylinders and a missfire because the gas has not where to escape.

Its strange that the scanner did not show a code. I went to Autozone to use there scanner and it would not connect to my tahoe for some reason. you may want to go to another auto place and seem if they have a better scanner

BTW what part of Oregon did you go to?

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
The same exact thing just happend to me this last weekend. The week before the CEL came on on the Tahoe so I went to o'reilly's and borroed there Scanner and it showed the P0420 and P0430 codes which are Catalyst efficency belwo threshold. I figured it would not be that big of a deal to drive it for a couple weeks till i could get it figured out. Well i attempted to accelerate up a hill and the truck lost power the RPMs started to bounce and the CEL started flashing. I took it right back to O'reilly's and it showed a code saying there was a missfire. I have read that a clogged Cat could definetly cause a problem within the Cylinders and a missfire because the gas has not where to escape.

Diggerdan you definitely need new converters.

Diggerdan11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diggerdan you definitely need new converters.

yeah i know, bad.

Im going to get them in a few more weeks. Im getting maried in a couple weeks so im going to try to wait until after that to do it, since im going to replace them myself. For now my Fiance is only allowed to drive it to and from work which is about a mile and a half each way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Five3brian