'14 Yukon Denali making whining noise in front diff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only does it when vehicle is not under load. When you accelerate it goes away and it's not speed dependent. Does at 35 as well as 75. 29K miles. Anybody else hear/have the same thing?

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Only does it when vehicle is not under load. When you accelerate it goes away and it's not speed dependent. Does at 35 as well as 75. 29K miles. Anybody else hear/have the same thing?

Wow thats to early for diff issues, my 05 started to whine as well but my suv is an 05 with 160k miles

OP
OP
Ex Euro Driver

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure it is not a hub? Does the noise change or go away when swerving or turning?

No change when turning. I'll be putting on new tires in a month and will see if that makes any difference. Fingers crossed.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I would first pull the front tires and spin the hubs and check them for play. Then I'd change the differential fluid and probably the transfer case too. Ohh, I see the mileage is quite low now, is it under warranty? I'd take it in.

OP
OP
Ex Euro Driver

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update for everybody. Local dealership confirmed there was something wrong and took apart the front diff. Replaced the two main output bearings and reassembled. Noise is all gone and everything was covered under warranty. Hooray!!!

rcpilot_971

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My front Diff went out in July on my 2014 Denali. dealer replaced the the complete differential axials had to be cut off to get them out. had 56K on it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas