'13 Tahoe - Front shocks easy to replace?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hitting 50k miles and notice a little chatter up front. Going to start with shocks and go from there. Fairly easy job or is it a nightmare?

PaulS63

Reaction score
Not terrible, but the fronts are coil overs so you need a good spring compressor to do it safely.

BlackOh7on22s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parts store compressor wont work, I used a wall mounted strut compressor to change mine. GM actually had a special wall mounted compressor for the NNBS struts for some reason

PaulS63

Reaction score
I used a parts store compressor, but it didn't grip the spring very well. Held my breath the whole time.

t.stimpson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i tried using a store compressor myself. scared the shit outta me and took it to a shop nearby. He only charged $40 for both. I guess thats better then losing a hand.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Used the store spring compressors with no issues.

welfarewagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a set of the quick strut from Rockauto.com $99.00 each, made by Monroe with new strut and spring, swapped out both sides yesterday in less then 2 hours by myself. Its a lot cheaper then an ACDelco strut, they run from $112- $239 depending on your suspension set up and you still have to swap out the springs.

OP
OP
Ex Euro Driver

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome guys, thanks for all the input. Might just take the easy route and replace the entire strut

Padraig

Reaction score
I just bought a set of the quick strut from Rockauto.com $99.00 each, made by Monroe with new strut and spring, swapped out both sides yesterday in less then 2 hours by myself. Its a lot cheaper then an ACDelco strut, they run from $112- $239 depending on your suspension set up and you still have to swap out the springs.

I did the same thing. Piece of cake!

Padraig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10