08 Yukon Noisy Rear Wiper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

karter25

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The rear wiper on my 08 Yukon is pretty noisy when it is on. I just bought this and I don't know if is normal. It is not grinding like a bearing but just louder than other vehicles I own with rear wipers. I know it's louder than the front but don't know if it's normal. Anyone have a similar experience?

bryank97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My rear wiper is quiet as can be, you dont even know its on. Check the blade for one, is it worn out, streaking or skipping??

Chuck_Finley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was silent until I pulled the wiper motor off to install a backup camera, now it streaks when dry. I’m not sure what I did wrong when reinstalling it, perhaps the arm got over tightened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My rear wiper is quiet as can be, you dont even know its on. Check the blade for one, is it worn out, streaking or skipping??
Mines super quiet too because I eliminated it. Don't miss it at all.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why delete it? I could see the motor dying and someone not wanting to replace it but I'm just curious.
I never used it, it looked terrible, and I hated washing around it. It looks so much better now. I never understood why SUV's have rear wipers but most other vehicles don't. If you look around, the ones that have wipers on the rear window are varied but there doesn't seem to be any universal rule as to what ones get them. Some crossovers, some sedan, all SUV's. I've always kept my truck pretty clean and I have 2 perfectly good rear view mirrors. I like the way the back of mine looks now, and every time I wash it I'm glad it's not in my way. I don't have a wiper on the back of my CC Silverado, why not? What's the difference? IMG_5703.JPG

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I never used it, it looked terrible, and I hated washing around it. It looks so much better now. I never understood why SUV's have rear wipers but most other vehicles don't. If you look around, the ones that have wipers on the rear window are varied but there doesn't seem to be any universal rule as to what ones get them. Some crossovers, some sedan, all SUV's. I've always kept my truck pretty clean and I have 2 perfectly good rear view mirrors. I like the way the back of mine looks now, and every time I wash it I'm glad it's not in my way. I don't have a wiper on the back of my CC Silverado, why not? What's the difference? View attachment 197094

I was sitting at a stop light the other day next to a 2015+ Tahoe and noticed that GM cleverly hid the rear wiper under the rear spoiler/3rd brake light housing so when not in use you barely notice it.

In fact if it weren't for my angle of observation being in the 4/6 dropped Burb I probably never would have seen it.

Pretty sly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e