08 to 09 Navigation Difference?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomustang

Reaction score
I see the 2009 navigation systems have upgraded to instant traffic updates and rerouting, is there a way to add this to previous 07-08? Is it in the headunit? Could I just replace the unit with a 09?

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
If you're going to upgrade, upgrade to at least a 2010 - it adds USB. and if you're going to do that, upgrade to a 2012 - much faster / cleaner interface, USB, built in Sirius, HD based Nav, and you can store music on the HD.

OP
OP
T

tomustang

Reaction score
I assume everything (nav/camera/bluetooth/steering controls/etc) would be plug-n-play?

Could I get any 2012+ gm double din and have it work?

Boyntonx2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need the one for bose setup you have, most likely the bose premium one, if you have bose luxury then you need that one. They don't interchange. And you will have to have the dealer unlock it

Last edited:

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Contact Greg at Cps audio. He's helped me out numerous times and some others on this forum. Great guy and will get you hooked up

OP
OP
T

tomustang

Reaction score
I'll have to check the rpo codes and see what bose system is in there.

OP
OP
T

tomustang

Reaction score
Gotcha.

Looks like a lot more than I was looking into, changing out the entire radio for updated traffic updates, though the 2012+ options seems nicer with the harddrive being able to hold music.