08 Denali w/ Bose and Navigation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joaquin72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do any same generation Denali with the same audio configuration work together?

Looking to see if it's a possible upgrade for my 08 that doesn't have added features in the newer years. Like the 09 came with Bluetooth I believe

Thank you

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do any same generation Denali with the same audio configuration work together?

Looking to see if it's a possible upgrade for my 08 that doesn't have added features in the newer years. Like the 09 came with Bluetooth I believe

Thank you
not sure if the 2010-2014 units are compatible plug-n-play but all you would gain is bluetooth phone, you can't stream anything natively.
not sure what your goals are but there are oem-looking units out there that add all kinds of features or just do what I did and yank that archaic junk out and put something moden in it.

t_bergman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure if the 2010-2014 units are compatible plug-n-play but all you would gain is bluetooth phone, you can't stream anything natively.
not sure what your goals are but there are oem-looking units out there that add all kinds of features or just do what I did and yank that archaic junk out and put something moden in it.
Bluetooth actually wouldn't be gained moving to the new HDD navigation units.

Bluetooth is controlled via the VCIM for Onstar, 2009 was the first year of bluetooth phone calls. There were updates to the VCIM from 2009-2014 but nothing major besides the OnStar functionality which is sadly now gone.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bluetooth actually wouldn't be gained moving to the new HDD navigation units.

Bluetooth is controlled via the VCIM for Onstar, 2009 was the first year of bluetooth phone calls. There were updates to the VCIM from 2009-2014 but nothing major besides the OnStar functionality which is sadly now gone.
either way it's kind of pointless, if you just want bluetooth that can be added other ways
doing it for nav I suppose could be one reason but it's still heavily outdated and no map updates
a "good working" oem head unit is probably $200 on the used market, for a little more you could get something aftermarket and have way more features
a used kenwood or pioneer and a used harness adapter and you are in business.
all the stuff now days can just be plugged in you don't have to go the chop factory wires up

OP
OP
Joaquin72

Joaquin72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
either way it's kind of pointless, if you just want bluetooth that can be added other ways
doing it for nav I suppose could be one reason but it's still heavily outdated and no map updates
a "good working" oem head unit is probably $200 on the used market, for a little more you could get something aftermarket and have way more feature
a used kenwood or pioneer and a used harness adapter and you are in business.
all the stuff now days can just be plugged in you don't have to go the chop factory wires up
Can you point me to some model numbers? Id like to keep the general function of everything. Just need to updated versions of the tech

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a bluetooth interface that looks promising, posted by someone else here..

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
You can jump on eBay and purchase any 09-14 GMC, Esky, Tahoe or Burb BT VCIM / Communication Module / OnStar Module and it’s plug n play with the existing unit located under the radio. No programing required. Steering wheel controls phone, pick up / hang up, volume. The VCIM can be programmed to dial by voice / name or digits.

The A2DP BT / Music streaming product listed above by ISS is available at Crutchfield now. Unfortunately, it works only on the later 11-14 HDD Navi units that have their XM tuners located behind the glovebox door.

The VCIM swap can be done in 1-2 hours for free, instant, fully integrated BT phone. The modules on eBay are $20-$50 used.

Denali has the Bose Amp. If you wanted to upgrade to the 11-14 factory HDD Navi you could add the AD2P module above that would also be fully integrated for phone & music, seamlessly & simultaneously.

BTW, if you use an iPhone with the VCIM you can use Siri to control the system like CarPlay. With the 11-14 HDD factory head unit Siri controls the music too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn