08 rear auto leveling bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fatman87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2008 yukon denali xl
I replaced the air shocks with monro coil overs. I just tucked the plugs upout of the way. Im looking for insight on installing resistors without cutting the plug off. Im also wondering if unplugging these is causing my no communication with pcm code?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should get a dashboard light without the electrical connecters connected to OEM shocks (which you don't have anymore). You could cut into the wire insulation about 2 inches behind the plug and solder your resistors on the bare wires, and then tape them up. This way, you will still have the connectors attached.

When I purchased my new-to-me 07 Yukon XL Denali, the previous owner had removed the auto leveling and electronic control suspension. He had also installed coil over shocks in the rear like you have done. I later reinstalled the OEM auto leveling and electronic control suspension, which I feel is far superior to a passive suspension. One point to note is that the coil over shocks in the rear did not make up the difference between the softer OEM rear springs associated with the auto leveling and electronic control suspension and the OEM rear springs associated with OEM passive systems. As such, I recommend that you consider installing OEM rear springs for OEM passive systems to restore proper load capacity for the rear of the truck.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll back up Joseph’s call on putting the system back to stock. I went with a Billstien bypass kit. It came with resistors so I’m sure you can buy them somewhere. Anyway, I’m regretting the swap and am planning to reinstall oem style stuff.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
One major feature that is also lost with override of the auto rear level is stability control is whacked.

When the dash DTC is on the truck, the BCM limits speed to 80mph. If you override the system with resistors you also trick the suspension control module into suspension data calculations that aren’t there.

Only a major ABS lock up will reveal the consequences if you spin out or barrel roll. An accident investigation will reveal someone deactivated the vehicles safety system and potentially shift liability from the party at fault.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019