08 Denali Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, It has taken me quite awhile to summon the courage to actually create a build thread. I have been on here for awhile try to be active, but have never really put much emphasis on my projects. Well, I hope that shis can serve as more of a time line for me to keep track of stuff and hopefully keep me motivated and maybe even help inspire others at the same time.

This is going to be exceptionally slow in progress as my wife and I have a new(ish) baby girl that is 6mo old and trying to save for a new house. So unfortunately this being my daily driver, will usually take the backseat to other priorities. A little history about myself and prior projects; I grew up around the muscle car scene, and still have my first car which is a 71 Chevelle. It was my grandmother's car and I inherited it when I was 3 years old. It was my daily in high school and is still an occasional driver to this day. I also have my grandmother's brother's (my great uncle) 72 Chevy C20 pick up truck, which is in dire need of some love and attention, but will have to wait a little longer. I picked up my Denali in October of 2011 and have absolutely loved the truck. It has had its fair share of issues, many of which I have chimmed in on here in various threads.

MODS (To be done):

Lowered suspension while retaining autoride (wanting 3/5 kit)
Wilwood big brake kit
Wheels around 22" or 24" preferrably CK375's or OEM style
HID Retrofit Completed and installed 5/13/16
LED Conversion on all lighting Completed
Mild stereo work (On going progress)
Trailer brake controller
Escalade tails with 3rd brake light
Full Exhaust with headers and Corsa cat back
Supercharger
S/C Cam
Black Bear tune
Cold Air Intake
Oil Catch Can

That would pretty much be the perfect setup for me.

MODS completed upon purchase:

Window tint (15% front 5% rear)
Debadged all except front GMC logo on grill
Upgraded pads and drilled rotors
All steelbraided brake lines

Again, this is going to be slow progress, but I hope everyone enjoys the little things like I do with minor changes.

Cheers,

Joe

OP
OP
Speck

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some pictures from the Retrofit build.

I was inspired by Soulsea's build many years ago when I was researching on better lighting. Unfortunately I was originally talked into a PNP HID and I was tired of having poor light output while blinding oncoming drivers and not having any high beams... So, I was introduced to the wonderful world of HID Planet from some great people on here and it was on!

I wound up using Eagle Eyes OEM housings
RX-350 Bi-Xenon Projectors tuned by TRS with STI clear lenses
Osram 4200K Nightbreaker D2S bulbs
Morimoto XB35 Ballasts (35w)
Morimoto harnesses

received_1351571378192958.jpg
received_1346891651994264.jpg
received_1346891565327606.jpg
received_1351571318192964.jpg
received_1361125680570861.jpg
received_1361125623904200.jpg
image_12.jpg

I will get some pics uploaded from the install and out put pics here soon!

Joe

OP
OP
Speck

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stereo work has been somewhat started... I added a "Massive" brand 1000x1 Mono Sub amp to a 10" JL W6v2. Unfortunatey the sub is just in a basic JL box, but I hope to have a more permanent and hidden box fabricated into the side panel. At that time I will also have all of the panels pulled off, carpet, and headliner pulled to have Dynomat installed to help with deadening and better sound quality. I will also have the rear hatch and all doors lined with the Dynomat at the same time.

Joe

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice build thread work, nice classic toys still in possession...wish I had some of my dad's daily drivers from his teenage years. Congrats on the baby girl. Definitely a nice package all around. Look forward to continued updates as that to do list looks pretty badass!! You have 3 items on there I wouldn't mind having myself and that sneaky supercharger would be unreal. Cheers!

OP
OP
Speck

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Michael! I am very fortunate to still have the classics. I did have a small spell where I got into the Euro scene with newer VW's, but thankfully just parked the classics and hung on to them. Here is a pic of my very modified 04 VW R32 that I used to both take to the track (road course) and shows...

image_5.jpg

my Chevelle...

10557356_10202794405281570_5058839019427391616_n.jpg

and my C20

IMG955083.jpg
IMG_20130720_143506.jpg

Joe

OP
OP
Speck

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, you've got a lot of great looking cars!

Good luck with the build!

Thank you, Matt! I wish I still had the VW R32. It was an incredibly fun car to drive. However, I had done so much to it with body work that I became afraid to drive it. So it was moved along and there is not a day that goes by where I do not regret doing that as well! LOL. Oh well, you live and learn. Now I just hope to focus on these three with my main emphasis on modest things first to the Denali and then really focus on the pick up and Chevelle. i figure if I get the C20 up and running reliably, I can use it as a daily while I work on the Denali or Chevelle.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia