07 Yukon Taillights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scotty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tried doing a search but didnt find my answer. Two quick questions.
1-Do Denali tail lights fit in a SLT? I figure they do but want to make sure.
2-Anyone know of a good place online to find a good deal. My passenger tail light cracked and want to replace it.

gmc_z71_95

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
but are the yukon and denali wiring harnesses the same? Tahoe and Denali are not.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but a thread you responded to 1.5 years ago, someone said you had to have a denali wiring harness for denali tails to work on a tahoe. my question is does the yukon have to have the denali wiring harness or not.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9194

What "wiring harness" are you talking about?

Do you want to know if you can swap one set of tail lights for another? If so, which is what I responded to in that thread, then the answer is YES. The harness whereby you connect the new tails to the truck's harness is the same between Yukons and Danalis and Tahoes and Suburbans, etc.

It is NOT the same between the Eskys and all of the others.

If you want to mess with the individual LIGHTS within the actual tail light housing, and mess with THAT end of the wiring harness, then I can't help you. I'd maintain that there's no reason to mess with that end, though, so I don't know what you're trying to achieve.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is asking if it is a direct plug in replacement. He may have gotten confused reading about esky taillights.

The esky tail lights use LED lighting so they are completely different but I do not see any reason the Denali tail light wiring should be different than a regular Yukon.

gmc_z71_95

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, a Yukon uses different bulbs in the top two positions of the tail light. The yukon's fat bulb won't fit thru the hole. The socket on the Yukon harness won't accept the Denali bulb either.

So, boys and girls, if you get Denali tail lights for your Yukon, make sure they come with the wiring harness.

P.S. Does anyone have a Denali wiring harness for sale?

Just a sidenote: The Denali tail lights for 2007 and 2008 used the fat bulbs like the Yukons, in 2009 they changed over to the skinnier bulb.

Last edited:

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, a Yukon uses different bulbs in the top two positions of the tail light. The yukon's fat bulb won't fit thru the hole. The socket on the Yukon harness won't accept the Denali bulb either.

So, boys and girls, if you get Denali tail lights for your Yukon, make sure they come with the wiring harness.

P.S. Does anyone have a Denali wiring harness for sale?

I see what you're saying now -- but I don't think I've seen Denali lights for sale that weren't complete (I don't know why someone would pull the bulbs and wiring harness from a set of lights, but who knows why some folks do what they do).

I have a set of Denali light -- complete -- for sale if you're interested.