Denali Taillights On Tahoe...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do the Tahoe and Denali use different taillight harness's ? I pulled a taillight off my tahoe and the bulb sockets for the Denali taillights are quite a bit smaller than the Tahoe taillights. I searched and could not find this topic.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. And when you do a tail light swap, you shouldn't have to mess with the bulbs at all (all new tail light sets should come with bulb installed already).

Yank your old lights, and plug in the new ones. It's that simple.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, when I did this, a bulb burnt out every time I swapped, so keep some 3157's handy. :)

OP
OP
Seth

Seth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No. And when you do a tail light swap, you shouldn't have to mess with the bulbs at all (all new tail light sets should come with bulb installed already).

Yank your old lights, and plug in the new ones. It's that simple.

I didnt purchase my Denali taillights new from the dealership, so I didnt get a new bulb harness. All the bulb sockets in the Denali Tailights are the same size as the reverse socket in the Tahoe taillights ???

The only solution I have is that they were made incorrectly ? Or the Denali uses a different bulb harness.

I am very capable of simply yanking my old lights and plugging in the new ones, but it doesnt seem to be working out that simple for me.

I purchased the lights from a friend at a GMC dealership body shop already smoked and just assumed that the bulb harness would be the same (like most GM parts)

Here is a pic of the sockets, all three are identical on the set of Denali taillights I have.

Attachments

• 19047_261000835966_527020966_3561941_7813219_n.jpg
    19047_261000835966_527020966_3561941_7813219_n.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 29

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing when I first got mine, I assumed they were all the same size but just in a different order. But, the bulbs will NOT fit, you will need to get the Denali harnesses.

OP
OP
Seth

Seth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did the same thing when I first got mine, I assumed they were all the same size but just in a different order. But, the bulbs will NOT fit, you will need to get the Denali harnesses.

Thanks, thats what I figured.

Anyone have spare Denali harness lying around ? Brown & Brown here in Mesa doesnt sell them seperate from the taillights. :emotions122:

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have them if you want to buy them from me. :)

I no longer need them since I have my G4's and my stock Tahoe lights as a backup.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seth -- Sorry for the bad info. Didn't think that you'd be getting a set-up with no factory bulbs/harnesses... Good luck with Soph. Sounds like he can hook you up.

OP
OP
Seth

Seth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No problems, Soph. and I worked out a deal and the Denali harness's are in the mail. Thanks guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yukon DRL

Latest posts