07 Tahoe performance upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After talking to a few different tuners in the area, I'm going with BBP. One local tuner wanted to do something similar to the BB process for the same price. Another was more expensive and after all the outstanding reviews BB has on the forums, that has made up my mind. BBP it is!

992dr suggested speed engineering for the LT headers. A question about them. They are offered with the y pipe and all of the clamps etc... Or you can get them as just the headers. I would like to order these but want to understand a little more about installation. If I get the full kit, y pipes and all, is it a bolt on system or will they still need to be cut and welded and all of that? Trying to decide which is the best way to go for performance and ease of installation. Any feedback would be great.

Cant go wrong with BB :)

Will you be installing them?
LTs will help with performance regardless, just make sure you let BB now for your tune.
If you're mechanically inclined, I say go for it. I believe they use clamps for pretty much everything. You could always bring it to an exhaust shop to weld things up. Or if you can weld, you can weld it up, haha.
Do you have inspections with the sniffer? If so, you'll either need to reuse your factory cats or buy new ones.
I'd hop on PT.net or email them and inquire with them directly for the most accurate info. Sean is a great guy and pretty involved, especially on Performance Trucks.
Myself, that's the route I'm going. Not sure if I'll go with there Y or dual set up. I bought some magnaflow spun cats and will be adding them into my build.

OP
OP
B

Burnswil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant go wrong with BB :)

Will you be installing them?
LTs will help with performance regardless, just make sure you let BB now for your tune.
If you're mechanically inclined, I say go for it. I believe they use clamps for pretty much everything. You could always bring it to an exhaust shop to weld things up. Or if you can weld, you can weld it up, haha.
Do you have inspections with the sniffer? If so, you'll either need to reuse your factory cats or buy new ones.
I'd hop on PT.net or email them and inquire with them directly for the most accurate info. Sean is a great guy and pretty involved, especially on Performance Trucks.
Myself, that's the route I'm going. Not sure if I'll go with there Y or dual set up. I bought some magnaflow spun cats and will be adding them into my build.
I think I'm just biting the bullet and doing the true duals. I will be having my coworker car enthusiast help me with everything. this will be the first sizable vehicle I'm taking on. pretty much funding the project :) and learning as whe goes. once complete, will probably be looking to do most of the same to my parents 13 tahoe.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'm just biting the bullet and doing the true duals. I will be having my coworker car enthusiast help me with everything. this will be the first sizable vehicle I'm taking on. pretty much funding the project :) and learning as whe goes. once complete, will probably be looking to do most of the same to my parents 13 tahoe.

Nice, that 07 is going to sound great. Sounds good. This is the way to learn, its all nuts and bolts :)
Do you need cats?
Please post pics when you receive there kit and installation.

OP
OP
B

Burnswil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, that 07 is going to sound great. Sounds good. This is the way to learn, its all nuts and bolts :)
Do you need cats?
Please post pics when you receive there kit and installation.
Here in Michigan they don't do emissions testing so you don't "HAVE" to have them :) I still would like to keep them but not sure if I can get them both in with the true duel exhaust from Speed engineering.

http://www.speed-engineering.com/sh...dual-exhaust-system-1999-2013-single-cab.html

Way to many options! haha I may just do the LT's for now and then do the rest of the exhaust system later.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in Michigan they don't do emissions testing so you don't "HAVE" to have them :) I still would like to keep them but not sure if I can get them both in with the true duel exhaust from Speed engineering.

http://www.speed-engineering.com/sh...dual-exhaust-system-1999-2013-single-cab.html

Way to many options! haha I may just do the LT's for now and then do the rest of the exhaust system later.

Nice, you're lucky. Its pretty strict in NC.
I'd recommend keeping them, they help a ton with keeping the tone down and still keep the aggressive sound. Especially if its your wife's DDer.

Seriously, I love having so many options.

I'm probably going to go the dual route as well. This is what I'm doing for cats, this is the drivers side.
mod%20cat_zpseywcrfle.jpg

OP
OP
B

Burnswil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, you're lucky. Its pretty strict in NC.
I'd recommend keeping them, they help a ton with keeping the tone down and still keep the aggressive sound. Especially if its your wife's DDer.

Seriously, I love having so many options.

I'm probably going to go the dual route as well. This is what I'm doing for cats, this is the drivers side.
mod%20cat_zpseywcrfle.jpg
Let me know how it works out! I'm ready to start ordering everything so that, perhaps at thanksgiving when I go to my parents to pick it up, I can throw it on my uncles lift and save myself a ton of hassle for the install!

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know how it works out! I'm ready to start ordering everything so that, perhaps at thanksgiving when I go to my parents to pick it up, I can throw it on my uncles lift and save myself a ton of hassle for the install!

I wish I would be able to get it done by Thanksgiving. Unfortunately I'll be on the road for the rest of the year and possibly through Feb as well. After that time we'll be moving. So, I'm hoping to be able to get this done by mid winter, summer of 17 the latest hahahaha.
I can tell you a lot of people like Speeds products and have great luck with them. If you ever have a problem they are prompt with returning emails or posts in the forums.

OP
OP
B

Burnswil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I would be able to get it done by Thanksgiving. Unfortunately I'll be on the road for the rest of the year and possibly through Feb as well. After that time we'll be moving. So, I'm hoping to be able to get this done by mid winter, summer of 17 the latest hahahaha.
I can tell you a lot of people like Speeds products and have great luck with them. If you ever have a problem they are prompt with returning emails or posts in the forums.
Awesome! Good luck on the move! Our new house was supposed to be done by Thanksgiving but not sure we are going to make it! It's getting close. I probably won't have the work done by Thanksgiving it would just be nice. My parents are about 5hrs away and my uncle with the lift lives right next to them so Thanksgiving would be ideal timing! AHHH so much to do so little time!

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Good luck on the move! Our new house was supposed to be done by Thanksgiving but not sure we are going to make it! It's getting close. I probably won't have the work done by Thanksgiving it would just be nice. My parents are about 5hrs away and my uncle with the lift lives right next to them so Thanksgiving would be ideal timing! AHHH so much to do so little time!

Thanks man, I appreciate it, I'm hoping everything goes well.
That's great man, I hope all falls in place in time for the holidays for you as well.
Aint that the truth

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts