07 Tahoe Lt 0 oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rashod

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just bought an 07 Tahoe with 205,000 miles. 2 hours after buying it the oil pressure went to 0 and the low oil pressure light came on. I shit it down and immediately changed the oil. It now sounds like lifters are ticking or rod knock and still no oil pressure. Any advice, I just ordered a oil pressure sensor

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t start it again until you check the pick up tube for a clog or it fell off or the pump. The noises sound like no oil hopefully it’s not too late. Did you buy it from a dealer?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought an 07 Tahoe with 205,000 miles. 2 hours after buying it the oil pressure went to 0 and the low oil pressure light came on. I shit it down and immediately changed the oil. It now sounds like lifters are ticking or rod knock and still no oil pressure. Any advice, I just ordered a oil pressure sensor

There's a big difference between rod knock and lifter rattle. Anyhow, add another 2-3 quarts and fire it back up. If the pressure comes back up, it's your pick up tube o-ring. There's a guy on here who said he drove around like that for a couple years until he could afford to fix it.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
OP
OP
R

Rashod

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: pressure is normal now and oil light off. I changed the spark plugs, still have the tick and a missfire on cylinder 7. Will change coils next a d see what happens, any advice on getting rid of this tick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LadnerAutomotive