07 1500 Yukon XL - Normal Oil Usage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Styxz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We have an '07 Yukon XL that is using 2-3 quarts of oil every 3K miles. Our local service tech states 1 quart per 1500 miles is normal.

I have friends with similar (2007-2008), not exact, vehicles that don't use any oil and put more miles on than us.

We live on the great plains of ND (i.e. easy driving), mainly carting kids around town and driving to work (my wife's vehicle.) I use it occassionally to tow my aluminum fishing boat (couple times a year tops.)

Yukon now has 44,750 miles on it and this issue began around 30-35K.

We just had it serviced and no leaks were detected. The obvious smoking signs are not there for burning oil either. We are beginning a 1,000 mile check with the dealer to see if the oil use is "excessive."

Anyone else using oil like this, is it really "normal" and are there any thoughts out there regarding this.

Bottom line, it doesn't seem "normal" to me. Thanks in advance for your input!

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
That is not good. My 07 will go 5K with no measurable loss of oil? Are you sure you dont have a leak? Also, check you air filter, if there is oil on the air filter you are getting "blow by" which is a bad thing.

Bottom line, THAT IS NOT NORMAL. Keep us posted man, good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo