07-12 Escalade Lowered Suspension Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
offset looks off on the wheels can you take a sideview of them?? front looks like it sticks out if you go to low will hit fenderlips. Maybe just angle of pic? and what your doing is fine as for parts i just really want to take a look of how the wheel sit compared to fenderlips

OP
OP
T

Top Heavy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The front wheels do not tuck. They are actually proud about 3/4" from the front fender, though are inset slightly in the rear.

This is a normal GM problem, where the actual functioning offset front to rear is different.

I don't want to go too low, only 2" in the front at a maximum.

I cannot take a pic of the wheels installed at the current moment as its still winter here and the wheels are sitting in the shop not on the truck.

I could always have 3/8" or so removed from the rear mounting pad on the wheels to help a little?

I think the best thing I could do is actually install the wheels an measure everything exactly.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I know that I sve a big brake kit on my esky just glad didnt push out more. Id get the wheels on before you procede just to be safe before you buy anything. You might only need one inch in front and I can mill the shocks for that

OP
OP
T

Top Heavy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As shown with the factory wheels with the stock suspension, there is definitely no tucking that will happen. The rears are fine. I'll get the summer wheels on this weekend for reference.

There is quite a large gap though even in front, I don't know if 2" will be that big of a difference?

IMG_3420_zpsa4775e69.jpg

IMG_3421_zpsd1c3820a.jpg

Sorry she's so dirty - it's spring here.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
you can always do my front strut mod for more of a drop.

BTW what does your truck measure from ground to fenderlip all around?? mine on stock 22s was at 38.5 and front 36 3/4 now with spindles and my strut mod 33 7/8 and 34.5 rear

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16