05 Tahoe XM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Firespec35

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey yall,
I just picked up an 05 Tahoe LT with XM. As I was driving home I noticed the XM was still activated. I bought it from a small no frills dealer and nothing was mentioned so I'm assuming no free trial. I just figured the previous owner hadnt shut it off yet and as soon as the bill hit, they would. I was telling a friend and she mentioned an "XM Box" that gives free XM for life. I have never heard of this witchery. Now Im not expecting anyone to actually admit they own one but can someone explain a little. Hows it work? Where is it? Can it come back on me if I choose to play stupid and not search out if I have one?

Thanks for the help

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The XM police will hunt you and bring you down brother lol...When Sirius radio first came out back in the day I bought the life time subscription for around $200. Unfortunately I sold my old truck with that radio and now pay more than $200 a year for it!:eek:

I'm sure it's already paid for...sit back and enjoy the free tunes

OP
OP
F

Firespec35

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The XM police will hunt you and bring you down brother lol...When Sirius radio first came out back in the day I bought the life time subscription for around $200. Unfortunately I sold my old truck with that radio and now pay more than $200 a year for it!:eek:

I'm sure it's already paid for...sit back and enjoy the free tunes

I didnt know that was an option either. this is the nicest vehicle Ive ever had (Pretty sad considering its a $7000 truck lol)

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey yall,
I just picked up an 05 Tahoe LT with XM. As I was driving home I noticed the XM was still activated. I bought it from a small no frills dealer and nothing was mentioned so I'm assuming no free trial. I just figured the previous owner hadnt shut it off yet and as soon as the bill hit, they would. I was telling a friend and she mentioned an "XM Box" that gives free XM for life. I have never heard of this witchery. Now Im not expecting anyone to actually admit they own one but can someone explain a little. Hows it work? Where is it? Can it come back on me if I choose to play stupid and not search out if I have one?

Thanks for the help
Welcome and we dont steal here on this forum, we are all upstanding citizens that uphold the law to the highest degree, pay for our phone, internet, cable, mortgages, car payments and credit card bills....we also pay our taxes .....so that other people can live for free...but im sure you do too.

Meh, whatever... im sure there is something out there.... like when i used to steal cable...good luck brother

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Mine was like that too... I thought the same thing. Don't wanna burst your bubble, but it lasted for 6 months to the day.

OP
OP
F

Firespec35

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice looking truck Rob. Any plans for it? 5.3?
Yeah 5.3 Its the AWD which I wasn't super thrilled with but still I liked it. Other than fixing the spots on the headliner that are falling and maybe adding bluetooth or an Aux to the radio, I'm not sure. I won't get real crazy. I really love the Dk Gray Metallic color. I wanted black but when I saw this I was sold. I might plastidip the wheels black. I love that look.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Enjoy the Sirius XM and don't be so quick to erase any saved channels. I lost a station that we listened to frequently and when called, they said it was a glitch and we should have never had it to begin with. Ohh well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohccammer427

Latest posts