'03 Tahoe LT... Rear Heat On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thekl0wn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my GF thought I was crazy because I kept telling her there was something running in the back of the Tahoe. I can hear it and it's driving me nuts. I finally climbed back into the third row while it was running, and sure enough, on the passenger side between the 2nd and 3rd row, there's a port with a fan running, and it's pushing out warm air. Now, as far as I know, all of the HVAC is 100%... No fans running up front and none in the rear, besides this one. I don't see a 3rd row control (didn't look very hard), but this running is driving me bonkers.

Any suggestions?

Gold3nMan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like it might be your auxiliary (rear) climate system. Its on the passenger side all the way in the back under a panel in the "trunk" almost right above the tire. Not sure why it would be running it you have it turned off unless you have it set to auto. Open it up and take a peak there is a relatively large fan back there.

You have to remove the 3rd row seats to have enough room or fold them up. Good Luck.

OP
OP
thekl0wn

thekl0wn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will check it next weekend after I unload it... Right now there's 4 15"s, 2 18"s, 2 line arrays, 2 EZ-Up's, and boxes of cabling back there. It has officially earned the "U" in SUV. (a term I dearly hate)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruzic99

Latest posts