02 Tahoe Dashboard Repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickp

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have an 02 Tahoe that has a 4" crack in the dashboard. Whats the best recommended way to repair it? I've seen some Youtube videos with people using some sort of puddy or paste then sanding it down, then painting over.

Can anyone point me to a good DIY source for a repair.

Also are SEM paint products good for refinishing the interior dashboard paint?
My interior in Tan Leather with the classic 2 tone dash slight gray on top dash with lower side being tan.
If anyone knows the paint codes that would be really great!!

Thanks guys.
R.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have an 02 Tahoe that has a 4" crack in the dashboard. Whats the best recommended way to repair it? I've seen some Youtube videos with people using some sort of puddy or paste then sanding it down, then painting over.

Can anyone point me to a good DIY source for a repair.

Also are SEM paint products good for refinishing the interior dashboard paint?
My interior in Tan Leather with the classic 2 tone dash slight gray on top dash with lower side being tan.
If anyone knows the paint codes that would be really great!!

Thanks guys.
R.
First id see about getting one outta the junkyard that's the right color and skipping all that unless it's really expensive or something

OP
OP
rickp

rickp

Reaction score
First id see about getting one outta the junkyard that's the right color and skipping all that unless it's really expensive or something

good idea. I'll have too look into that.

tks

OP
OP
rickp

rickp

Reaction score
yeah i need to do a search for a good junk yard taht might have 02 tahoes in them.

carduke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a plastic welding kit to repair the crack, then use dash filler (it works like a bondo). Lastly paint it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevymec