02 tahoe ac gauge pressures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rayola88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anybody on here know the correct pressures for the ac gauges? Im not sure whats going on but my ac isnt cooling like it did a few days ago a friend decided that it was a good idea to put more freon in my truck now its not cooling like if did before

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats definitely the wrong route to go. I wouldn't recommend just adding refridgerant to your AC system all Willy nilly like that. For all you know, it may have just been a mechanical issue and now you've over charged your system. Always hook up a set of gauges to read your high and low side pressure and then from there you'll be able to decipher what's going on.

An APPROX reading of 30 on the low side and 250 on the high side is a good round about area you would like to be, again that may vary with your location and climate. I'm from north central Florida btw.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rayola88

Rayola88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
M1 hey remember my ac well i found that either my idle is too low (which i think is good) and/or my one side ac fan isnt bringing too much air in i need to get both fans working at the same time i notice that when i drive my ac gets colder, so i sat in my truck at idle which just blew cool to reving up my engine to 1k it got colder but when i drive maybe 30 mph or higher it gets even colder

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645