01 tahoe brakes feel spongy need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have dual exhaust ? i bought my truck with dual exhaust and later on discovered that the idiot that welded it first ran the second pipe on top of the rear brake line. exhaust gets too hot = brake fluid gets too hot = thinner = spongy pedal more stopping time. try bleeding your brakes before swapping ur master cylinder.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best thing you can do is get a brake flush done. The reservoir on these trucks alone holds about a bottle of brake fluid so obviously more than that needs to be run through the system.

Also note that the hydroboost system used on these trucks does feel different than a vacuum booster that is used on most cars. If you can, get in another truck (make sure it has hydroboost) and see how the pedal feels in that one compared to yours.

OP
OP

01TahoeWhiteDhalia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok but my moms truck is an 04 it does not feel the same as mine. is there anything i can upgrade to make them feel better?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts