01 daily/project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spencer_waynee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after a little progress on my Tahoe over the past two months I've had it I decided it's time to finally start a build thread....the pic is the day I brought it home. I was honestly a little hesitant on getting it just for the fact I had always had trucks but needed room for the kiddos...it had 230k ish miles on it but ran suprisingly well and a lot stouter than I was expecting

IMG_0104.JPG

OP
OP
Spencer_waynee

Spencer_waynee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So of course first thing that popped in my mind the ugly molding had to go! It's an ls model so it didn't have the paint matched and not to mention it was in pretty rough shape...grabbed a heat gun eraser wheel buffer and some buffing compound and got to work. It was all pretty easy just time consuming. While I was in the process of buffing I decided to do the headlights and parking lights aswell..

IMG_0127.JPG

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0142.JPG

OP
OP
Spencer_waynee

Spencer_waynee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First cold day (45ish) finally rolled around central Arkansas and the hoe threw a fit...cranked it that morning and it started missing stuttering. It cleared out after about 2-3 minutes of driving. So I did a little digging and all my symptoms pointed towards the intake gaskets. Picked a set of fel pros up for about $44 and had them replaced within 2 hours or so. I got everything put back together and it solved all the issues but unfortunately I'm having I slight whistle with no effects to driveablity that I can not track down

IMG_0167.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

OP
OP
Spencer_waynee

Spencer_waynee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine ended up having a set of factory 05-06 electric fans he gave me and I just so happened to have a relay kit for them laying around....I was pretty surprised when I noticed the Tahoe already had the 34" radiator instead of the 28" didn't know if that was normal for these or not??

IMG_0178.JPG

IMG_0179.JPG

OP
OP
Spencer_waynee

Spencer_waynee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually had the time this weekend to go ahead and get the swap done...please excuse the wiring waiting to get some loom Monday to tighty everything up...the swap was pretty straight forward with the ac clutch wire for the relay tying into the dark green wire going into the fuse box

IMG_0211.JPG

IMG_0212.JPG

IMG_0213.JPG

OP
OP
Spencer_waynee

Spencer_waynee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a little bored this evening and dug out an old regency grill laying around the shop...since the Tahoe has the work truck grille and I had the supplies figured I'd paint match my grille for the time being until I find an all chrome grille for it

IMG_0214.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
How's the fan controlled? I'm assuming since you wired one side to the ac clutch it'll come on when the ac is on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon