2015 Yukon Cabin Noise Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. Do you know what the issue was and how was it corrected?
Not Gm don't even know how to correct, but it don't happen to everyone just few of the guys have the problem.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol... who and when coined our dinosaurs 2015D??

hahaha lol

That's a good one!

Philcallen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rush has a new post about how to disable the Active Noise Cancelation system in Audio & Electronics. Anyone want to try it and see if the pressure sensation disappears?

Hey Blackout, other than the pressure going away, can you notice any differences after using the cotton balls? More road or engine noise?

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Blackout, other than the pressure going away, can you notice any differences after using the cotton balls? More road or engine noise?

He doesn't have the problem. I think he was quoting a guy from GM-T

Philcallen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh I see that now. Sorry I am a little sleep deprived staying up with a newborn. I'm going to pull the purple wire this weekend and see if this gets rid of it. I have been driving around with no radio in order to listen for the problem all day, and its awful. Its tolerable with the radio on. I'll report back to see if the sub is the only speaker being used in the NC system. My techie brother in law thinks it should be bc the technology is only capable of canceling sounds up to a certain low HZ

Philcallen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, just got my Yukon Denali back from the shop. They took apart the headliner, found two bars that had become detached. Re applied the recommended noise dampening foam. And boom, the drone and pressure sensation is exactly like it was when I dropped it off a week ago. Its unbearable at 42MPH while coasting downhill.

Last edited:

acainindy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update to Yukon Cabin noise/pressure issue

Update on my vehicle:

Since having my vehicle at the dealer in January (19 Days) the service department has completed the roof cross member re-attachment, road force balanced, alignment, new drive shaft, then new wheels and tires. The pressure/thumping noise was heard by the technicians and the service manager after all of the above things were done. The vehicle was back at the dealer in February for 11 days. The dealer had the zone area service manager come and drive the vehicle, he felt the pressure. Then the service concern was escalated with GM service and an engineer was assigned to the case. He came out and drove the vehicle with me and the service manager. He heard the thumping and felt the pressure. As soon as we got back, he contacted the plant in TX and had a new Ring and Pinion sent directly to the dealership. After the tech replaced the ring and pinion the thumping/pressure is basically gone. The old ring and Pinion had excessive wear and uneven wear on the teeth. The engineer decided to put a set of Michelin tires on due to some road noise/drone after everything else. They are still dealing with one related issue. When switching into Auto 4WD or 4WD High, the thumping/pressure concerns come back. The tech and engineer are going to check the front axle and transfer case next week. I have to tell you that the service dept. and the GM technical service group have been very helpful and have been trying to attack the issues. I will update again after they investigate the Transfer Case/Front axle issues.......Alex

I had a 1/2015 build Chevy Suburban for a loaner vehicle the whole time my vehicle was in the shop. I got it with 700 miles on it from Enterprise. It did not have any thumping/pressure issues.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo