Yukon XL Denali air ride suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigClay

Reaction score
Both of my rear air bags for the suspension are torn, and I have not heard the compressor kick on in a while. How hard are these air bags to change and where is the best place to buy them?

Second question, if I have toasted the compressor, how hard is that to change and where exactly is it located?

2004 Yukon XL Denali

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both of my rear air bags for the suspension are torn, and I have not heard the compressor kick on in a while. How hard are these air bags to change and where is the best place to buy them?

Second question, if I have toasted the compressor, how hard is that to change and where exactly is it located?

2004 Yukon XL Denali

If you wish to stay the factory route-check out Arnott industries. They carry replacement OEM shocks and compressor. I replaced mine on my 06'. I found a package deal on ebay from Arnott for $550 shipped. I picked up the re-manufactured shocks so they were plug and play. The compressor is located on the driver's side framerail behind the rear tire. there will be some type of rubber cover over it. There are two ways to remove the compressor. One would be to remove the entire bracket assembly off the rail and the other is just to remove the compressor itself. The compressor is held on by 3 small torx screws. Mine were rusty and snapped off. I just drilled them out and used a little larger screw in their place.
You have to cut the factory harness and splice it to the new compressor-very easy-color to color. There is also a dryer re-build kit that comes for the compressor too. Make sure you have a large pair of channel locks and a vise to unscrew the top cover for the dryer. The overall process is fairly easy for the average DIY'er and you will save alot of labor costs as well.
There are plenty of threads about this topic and pics as well. I just gave you a short condensed version of the process.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BigClay

Reaction score
If you wish to stay the factory route-check out Arnott industries. They carry replacement OEM shocks and compressor. I replaced mine on my 06'. I found a package deal on ebay from Arnott for $550 shipped. I picked up the re-manufactured shocks so they were plug and play. The compressor is located on the driver's side framerail behind the rear tire. there will be some type of rubber cover over it. There are two ways to remove the compressor. One would be to remove the entire bracket assembly off the rail and the other is just to remove the compressor itself. The compressor is held on by 3 small torx screws. Mine were rusty and snapped off. I just drilled them out and used a little larger screw in their place.
You have to cut the factory harness and splice it to the new compressor-very easy-color to color. There is also a dryer re-build kit that comes for the compressor too. Make sure you have a large pair of channel locks and a vise to unscrew the top cover for the dryer. The overall process is fairly easy for the average DIY'er and you will save alot of labor costs as well.
There are plenty of threads about this topic and pics as well. I just gave you a short condensed version of the process.

Thanks for the info. I tried searching and I couldn't find the threads, but I may be using the wrong key words. Can you point me in the right direction? I have two quotes of over $1,600 for this job and if I can do it for a third, that would be great.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

has anyone used the Arnott industries air ride delete kit? I am just wondering if that would be the way to go to keep any other problems from arising in the future.

1Agerry

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
we might have those bags for you,check out our site,1Aauto.com.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz