wireless headphones for yukon DVD player ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jester1023

Reaction score
So I am new to DVD players in vehicles never had one before I just bought an 04 Yukon which has A dvd player and stock radio in it I would like to use wireless headphones for the DVD player the guy who I bought the truck from A friend of mine said they need to be wired is this because of the stock radio and/or the DVD player not having an ir sensor

If I were to install a bluetooth radio into the truck can I then use wireless headphones for my daughter or would I have to install a dvd player with an ir sensor with dvd player for this vehicle just not being wireless capable.

I know this is probably a pretty stupid question but I am not too up on audio components I can always play the movie through the car speakers the audio jack for the dvd player Is a bit staticky thats why I prefer to have her use wireless headphones I plan on putting a better stereo in down the line I was just wondering if wireless headphones is even an option for me with the stock DVD player

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jester1023

Jester1023

Reaction score
Just to update I told my buddy who I bought the vehicle that he is rarely wrong jokingly about these vehicles but this time he was about being able to use wireless headphones with the dvd player.A friend of mine at work has a suburban and had wireless headphones so I tried them in my yukon and they worked like a charm granted they were gm headphones so after markets may or may not work but at least I know there are wireless ones that will work.

My boy is pretty good when it comes to these vehicles but hey no one knows everything about them so I ordered a set of wireless ones for my daughter and I will try them out when I get them if its no dice I will have to get a gm labeled pair or pull the name of the ones my co-worker has that he uses in his burb

wesyder

Reaction score
You should be fine with any ir wireless headphone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alexalex

Reaction score
I'm afraid of being out of the topic. But, I'm contemplating buying a portable DVD for my car, I have two very active kids who are getting bored during trips. What would you recommend? Have read the reviews on gurureviewclub.com but still cannot figure out what I need.

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid of being out of the topic. But, I'm contemplating buying a portable DVD for my car, I have two very active kids who are getting bored during trips. What would you recommend? Have read the reviews on gurureviewclub.com but still cannot figure out what I need.
You should post a new topic/thread asking this. Hijacking this thread about wireless headphones isn't likely to get you many answers.

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 04 and it came with wireless headphones stock. I found a site where I could actually buy ,ore which I was going to do as I have more than 2 kids now. let me try and find it for you. mine can also play thru the stereo . it is bose aswell which im not sure if it matters. but there should be no reason u cant run wireless

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14