Wi-Fi Sharing keeps switching to off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeM01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Yukon with OnStar in car Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi keeps flipping the “share Wi-Fi internet connection” to off. I turn it on and within 5-10 seconds it flips it back to off. Any ideas how to fix it?

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t have that version of infotainment system but always an easy place to start would be to reset all options to the factory default settings on the unit then see if the option sticks.

I’m not sure if this is possible to do but maybe try turning the Wi-Fi option off completely, then turn it back on and see if the share option setting sticks then.

MoonTruck

Reaction score
Similar post in Audio and Elec, the person said they called on-star and they did something on their end and it fixed it. Someone else mentioned a dealer did 3 hard resets and that also fixed it.
Try calling on-star.

Drusifer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this thread is over a year old but I had this problem after signing up for unlimited data for a road trip I’m currently on. What fixed it for me was going to the “Wi-Fi hotspot” menu in the MyChevy / MyGMC app and turning on the “Enable Hotspot” switch. No call to onstar needed, and more importantly no more whining from my 15 yo daughter that the Tahoe’s Wi-Fi sucks.

Attachments

• IMG_0192.jpeg
    IMG_0192.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0191.jpeg
    IMG_0191.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia