Who to contact about my missing parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guess i should have finished my thought....how will they handle vehicles that are no longer owned by the person that bought it new....maybe changed hands multiple times. I expect it to be similar to a recall, but probably not as straight forward if the original owner is getting the "notification" to bring in their vehicle to install chips when they no longer own it...

we put 12k miles on ours in a few months and replaced it and haven't seen a letter yet about the retrofit parts

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is opinion only, but with tons of vehicles sitting waiting for delivery, along with GM still shipping vehicles missing items and current build constraints, it will be a LOOOOONG time before delivered owners see the replacement chips they need. They have your money. I wish it was different, but I think this is reality from GM's perspective....

OP
OP
RaptorJet31

RaptorJet31

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Who mentioned cuba or Russia? Maybe read up on Maritime law, will help explain what is going on in this country. I thought the chips come from Taiwan, it really gets to me GM has not taken care of the people that paid a hefty price for incomplete vehicle. My dealer just says "ya GM needs to get on the ball" ok cool but what about the 80k I paid for this car maybe you should be calling them on a weekly basis. It is ass backwards to be selling new vehicle's with these missing parts than to take care of all the customers who already spent the money. GM customer service is completely worthless, all the lady said is "I need a order number" I keep saying I don't have one I just have a 7 month old car that is missing parts from GM and was told they will retro fit it. GM- "I need an order number"

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who mentioned cuba or Russia? Maybe read up on Maritime law, will help explain what is going on in this country. I thought the chips come from Taiwan, it really gets to me GM has not taken care of the people that paid a hefty price for incomplete vehicle. My dealer just says "ya GM needs to get on the ball" ok cool but what about the 80k I paid for this car maybe you should be calling them on a weekly basis. It is ass backwards to be selling new vehicle's with these missing parts than to take care of all the customers who already spent the money. GM customer service is completely worthless, all the lady said is "I need a order number" I keep saying I don't have one I just have a 7 month old car that is missing parts from GM and was told they will retro fit it. GM- "I need an order number"

if you didn't order it - the order number is on the window sticker...I'd give 'em that number and go from there

if you don't have the window sticker, use the link below and put your VIN at the end of the link below

order # is in the bottom right box of the window sticker

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you are mistaken here, the "chip shortage" has nothing to do with maritime law, it has to do with the amount of production available and lead time and of course money/profit.
chip makers are making the most profitable chips first as fast as they can, on top of that it takes years to build the equipment needed to make more chips.
the US just passed the "chip act" do you see more chips yet? no you don't and no you wont for several years and when you do it will the chips that can make them the most money which will be chips for high tech such a military grade and it equipment, not cheap crap for cars.
the only law involved is the law of how fast they can make the chips and load them and then offload the ships sitting off of our coast waiting for the line of other ships in front of them to offload as fast they can. hell anymore they are flying them in at additional cost just to get them faster.
do you think GM says' "hey we need this kind of chip" and that the manufacture says ok' "well will make them first thing tomorrow"? well guess what it doesn't happen like that, at best you get about a 5 month lead time, lead time is the time it takes to re-tool and get the materials needed to make a single chip. All that is dependent upon if they even want to make it because jo smo over here making cell phones needs a different chip and he will pay more! so GM gets bumped to 10 months lead time or more.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn’t go off order number they use vin. I just got a letter few weeks ago about my heated rear seats, gave to my salesman and the service department called GM with my vin and they said ok we will send the necessary parts for it. That was 2 weeks ago, nothing yet.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer got the module necessary for my mom’s equinox. It is vin specific. She got the car 4 months ago, if that helps anyone with a timeframe.

Fountain38

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im also in the same problem just bought the wife a 22 tahoe lt with no park assist about 3 months ago should have waited and get the 2023 since they already coming with it the wife is not happy at all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt