White color choices for ‘16 suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricard

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my mom just bought a white 16 suburban LTZ. The paper work the dealership we got it from it say summit white. But the color looks like pearl white. It has a little pearl on it. Try to figure it out which white is it.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
my mom just bought a white 16 suburban LTZ. The paper work the dealership we got it from it say summit white. But the color looks like pearl white. It has a little pearl on it. Try to figure it out which white is it.

It's probably the abalone white pearl, then. Summit (or olympic) white is straight white. Look on the RPO sticker in the glove box. At the bottom it will say bc/cc and then a couple numbers. Those are the base coat and clear coat color codes.

ChrisYukon

Reaction score
I prefer the pearl white, myself. On a Denali, they call it “White frost Tricoat” (or something like that) and charge an extra $1,000 over Summit White.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I prefer the pearl white, myself. On a Denali, they call it “White frost Tricoat” (or something like that) and charge an extra $1,000 over Summit White.

White diamond tricoat. It's a great color, for sure. But it is different than the abalone pearl.

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
White diamond tricoat. It's a great color, for sure. But it is different than the abalone pearl.

White diamond tricoat was discontinued for the 16 or 17 model year, I believe, and replaced with irridescent pearl tricoat (Chevy)/white frost tricoat (GMC). WDT has more of a goldish hue in the right light, while IPT/WFT looks bright white in nearly any light.

I used to have a white diamond tricoat Suburban. I liked the color at first, but I quickly grew tired of it. Now back to a simple summit white.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
White diamond tricoat was discontinued for the 16 or 17 model year, I believe, and replaced with irridescent pearl tricoat (Chevy)/white frost tricoat (GMC). WDT has more of a goldish hue in the right light, while IPT/WFT looks bright white in nearly any light.

I used to have a white diamond tricoat Suburban. I liked the color at first, but I quickly grew tired of it. Now back to a simple summit white.

Yup. Here's the '16 Suburban list (I cut off Olympic white)

Screenshot_20190108-103156_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
R

Ricard

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For 16 or newer is it abalone white pearl or irridescent pearl tricoat? I looked at the different website,some of it said abalone and some said irridescent pearl.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
For 16 or newer is it abalone white pearl or irridescent pearl tricoat? I looked at the different website,some of it said abalone and some said irridescent pearl.

Look at your RPO sticker and report the BC/CC #s at the bottom. Those two "colors" might be the same thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667