Which Tahoe Should I choose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id go with the super cruise with 4wd. You won't miss the sunroof as much as the 4wd (both in use and resale, i think only like 15% of GM full size come 2wd so it's a expectation by most), and supercurise is awesome (don't listen to people that say it isnt, most don't have it or understand the tech, great for resale too) .

It sucks that they all are missing the wireless charging but at least they don't have any retrofits.

The market is correcting. Those that paid markups for covid spec vehicles will be so underwater it's gonna be brutal. Especially when they go to sell or trade and all of the basic features are missing. Even civics and corolla have more standard features then covid spec gm full size suvs.
I learned the hard way from my depreciating x7 m50i that cosmetic and tech features and options mean very little to trade in value. It’s depressing what I have been offered for a 110k 2021 vehicle, fully loaded. I agree with 4x4 helping value since that is a drivetrain feature and it’s very sellable.

Last edited:

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s exactly right, in 5 to 7 years when this vehicle shakes down in the used market, people will say “ What is super cruise?“ That’s archaic! And the kid that buys it Will be like… we don’t care about that, we just want dubs on it….

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I learned the hard way from my depreciating x7 m50i that cosmetic and tech features and options mean very little to trade in value. It’s depressing what I have been offered for a 110k 2021 vehicle, fully loaded. I agree with 4x4 helping value since that is a drivetrain feature and it’s very sellable.
You are comparing a vehicle that has no name recognition to a model that has been around forever. The x7 is new model with no prior history from a European manufacturer. The gm full sizers are the bench mark of the segment.

Im not surprised with the abysmal trade in on the x7. It's just not as desirable of a vehicle and niche.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s exactly right, in 5 to 7 years when this vehicle shakes down in the used market, people will say “ What is super cruise?“ That’s archaic! And the kid that buys it Will be like… we don’t care about that, we just want dubs on it….
That's not how people buy used cars lol. They want features and tech. Options sell vehicles otherwise everyone would be driving base models.

And big rims have been played out for over a decade lol.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4WD. Moonroof is a plus but in this case I would go 4WD. Trust me after seven winters in DFW I am a firm believer in 4WD/AWD. You may not need the 4WD everyday but the times when you do….nothing else will do…..thing back to the 133 car pile up in 2021 as a reference.

The order of a HC without moonroof is rare. The order of pretty much any trim except Government/fleet sales is a rare bird.

Moonroof aside I say HC…can you order the HC and NOT have to pay the subscription? Will the cruise work as normal cruise without the subscription?

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So there is a wheel lock shortage????? LOL!

OP
OP
G

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So slight change in plans. I got very lucky and found this Yukon in transit with all the options I want and no compromise. Put a deposit in. Selling at 1400 below msrp but have to get a dealer installed package for 2k+. They are giving me a very good trade value for my current car that compensates for the package.

6FB00DEC-2808-4727-A0E8-5707E2E20938.jpeg

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So slight change in plans. I got very lucky and found this Yukon in transit with all the options I want and no compromise. Put a deposit in. Selling at 1400 below msrp but have to get a dealer installed package for 2k+. They are giving me a very good trade value for my current car that compensates for the package.

View attachment 389342
What r u trading in and where r u located? We debated in august of trading in our 21’ Tahoe for a 23’ Denali ultimate xl at gms price but I was only offered $68k for ours and I was hoping $72k+ so I passed. I now see kbb my 21’ is like $63k, prices dropping fast here in MI

OP
OP
G

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What r u trading in and where r u located? We debated in august of trading in our 21’ Tahoe for a 23’ Denali ultimate xl at gms price but I was only offered $68k for ours and I was hoping $72k+ so I passed. I now see kbb my 21’ is like $63k, prices dropping fast here in MI
2021 BMW x7 m50i with 28k miles, Dallas Fort Worth area. I am in Miami but am moving to Fort Worth this week.

They are offering me 70k initially with some room to negotiate. Carmax offered me 67k and kbb cash value offered me like 68k. Even the BMW dealer down here offered me less than 70.

Mgrantham1683

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What do you not like about the x7? I live right next to the factory in SC and they look pretty nice to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz

Latest posts