Where do I find the color code for the leather seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ueww40

ueww40

Reaction score
Thanks a million. All that good info from so many people who knew exactly what they were talking about. Y'all solved my problem in a jiffy. Shale is my color. Thanks again. Problem solved.

pmcrae

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is interesting lol
Interior Trim Code 922/92I
Here’s the deal…The 922/92I trim code for the 2000, 2001, and 2002 Chevy Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, and Yukon XL can be a little tricky to interpret. We get a lot of calls about what color leather is actually in the truck. Unfortunately between the year 2000 – 2002, GM tied 2 different colors of leather to this one trim code. You can either have Shale or Pewter leather seat covers. The “trim” will always be pewter “grey.” “Trim” is the molded plastic panels on the side of the seat (like the panel that houses the electric seat controls, etc.). If the leather color matches this grey trim, you will have the pewter leather. If the leather color is a lot lighter than the pewter trim, you will have the Shale leather. Shale is like a cream/khaki color. A lot of our customers refer to shale as a “light grey” color. I think this is because the pewter “grey” trim makes the leather appear more like a grey. At any rate, if you do have the 922/92I trim code, just make sure to look at the leather against the pewter trim pieces to determine which color you have. You can also include your VIN in the notes section at checkout, or give us a call and we would be happy to double check it for you.
Can you help me with my 2006 z71 tahoe? I am looking for the carpet, leather seat color and the two different colors on the dash? Here is my vin 1GNEK13Z36R162023

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
I would suggest writing down the last 8 of your vin number and calling your local gm dealer.They will tell you what carpet color and part number you have.Also what leather seat cover part number and color.Dashi have no idea i work at a dealer and had our interior guy that goes dealer to dealer touch up my dash meaning paint it in car took him 10 minutes and looked like i removed and installed a new dash.A call to any delalership and they will give you there interior guy no problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbr1287