viper remote start won't start what's wrong???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats up guys i have the viper alarm installed by hifi buys, and we all know what happen to them and now my remote start wont start my truck all it does is turns over with a grinding noise but it won't start . it all started when i had to replace my tranny when the dealer was working on it they call me and told me that the truck wouldn't start and told me that it might be the alarm so i went to put it to sleep but that didn't work so i got a call the next day and they told me that the safety neutral switch was bad so they replace it and it crunk right up so after all that went to pick it up thats when this happen all i get is a grinding noise when it turns over and the blue l.e.d. blinks twice with a pause in between them please help if you have any idea

bassxlr8r

Reaction score
What year and model is your truck? It sounds like the tach signal wire might have been cut/disconnected, or needs to be reprogrammed. Any of these would cause the remote start to crank endlessly, even after it is running causing a severe grinding noise. Do you know the model of remote start, and does it still start with the key okay?

OP
OP
carcrz

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its a 2001 yukon and yes it starts with the key with no prob. the alarm is a viper 791xv
thanks for the response i need all the help i can get

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
honestly? download the owners and install manual for that unit.

read the T/s section. if you feel over your head, you need to do the SMART thing and find someone else to correct it.

str8wkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be tach wire or could be the modual they put in to bypas the passlock lost program (isnt soposed to happen of corse) or could be a bad one have seen a few

OP
OP
carcrz

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got it working it was the bypass module thanks for the response guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Codered5557