Upper and lower Ball joints replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IanSLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2/3 lower kit for my 03 Yukon (Air Ride) that I purchased from Tim at Suspension on line (forum sponsor) but before I get it installed I was wondering if it is common to replace both the upper and lower B/J when installing the lowering kit. If so what is the best replacement combination to go with OEM vs Moog. The mileage on the truck is sitting at 110 Klm or 65k miles any reccomendations.
Cheers Ian

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
If the ball joints are worn out then yeah replace them, if not leave them how it is.
At 65k miles it may be, or may not.
Also most people dont touch ball joints when the alternate the suspesion...

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Check the front end but I'm fairly certain the only thing out of spec would be the tie rod ends and/or pitman and idler arms. Balljoints don't go out very often on these trucks but when they do you should just replace the whole upper control arm, sometimes the lowers will press out ok but the uppers are damn near impossible to reinstall if they're wallowed out in the arm...even welding won't hold em.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz