Towing with my ppv

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
Last friday I left Phoenix to go to Sacramento CA to pick up my Railroad speeder. Car weights 2k pounds ,trailer weights 1140. Left at 5 friday evening got back at 12 midnight sat. 32 hrs strait. I used my manual shifting to keep it out of AFM. No problem what so ever. I installed a 42k trucool transmission cooler. Running empty it was around 145 degrees. Loaded Ithe hottest it got was 175.

34834.jpeg 34831.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Last friday I left Phoenix to go to Sacramento CA to pick up my Railroad speeder. Car weights 2k pounds ,trailer weights 1140. Left at 5 friday evening got back at 12 midnight sat. 32 hrs strait. I used my manual shifting to keep it out of AFM. No problem what so ever. I installed a 42k trucool transmission cooler. Running empty it was around 145 degrees. Loaded Ithe hottest it got was 175.

View attachment 230769 View attachment 230770
What the heck does it do?

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's used to transport railroad personnel to different places along the railroad, usually to locations needing repair, or for inspection. The older ones were hand pumped. Now they have small gas engines.

Cool speeder. I have a friend who co-owns one with his Dad.

TahoYukon Forum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That is awesome! My dad was that guy. I remember as a kid in a small town when my dad and his boss got thiers new and they called it a pop-car. It has a gas engine like a mower and they rolled out to do those repairs. They used it for years, then it was replaced by a High-Railer and I think it was a ford F-250 or a 350. Don't remember that. So glad they are still desired. I wish I could find my dad's and restore for him.
Good luck buddy and send picks. :^)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eod1

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
If you guys google Narcoa rail you will find one of 4 clubs that I know of. I promised my wife I would find a hobby that's slower than what I normally do that we could both enjoy. This hobby is bigger then you would think. Check it out. This one runs on a flat head 4 cylinder engine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe