Thinking I might buy...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booyahzman

Reaction score
I found a Yukon that looks pretty nice, and I'm thinking I might buy it, but wanted to get some expert opinions. (I've been lurking around here some time and had some questions answered in a previous thread.)

I found this 2003 Yukon SLT on Craigslist not too far from where I'm at. It looks pretty clean, a slight rip in the driver seat (near the shoulder area), and minor dings and paint scuffs--nothing major. It doesn't have a third row seat, but I know this can be added later on. Here's a few other details:

133k-134k miles
Service light for driver airbag is on
Rear defroster is disconnected (cable loose)
Tires have low tread
Didn't show any major leaks or problems
No rust that I could find
AutoCheck.com shows a good, though little information
Appears to have been kept in Colorado all its life

They're asking $10,000 for it (plus tax and BS dealer handling), which in my opinion seems a bit high for a 10 year old vehicle with no warranty. Note, these guys are used to selling to people that need financing and I will paying with cash ultimately. What do you think I should really consider offering to them, or should I skip it?

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
IMO I would pay 8k max for it if its in great shape. Take cash and show them you mean business they might take it. I probably would

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not supposed to be on if everything is ok with the truck so yes, I'd be worried about it. I don't see why the dealer doesn't fix it.

OP
OP
Booyahzman

Booyahzman

Reaction score
Its not supposed to be on if everything is ok with the truck so yes, I'd be worried about it. I don't see why the dealer doesn't fix it.

I should note, this isn't a GM dealership. It's a dealership that buys cars/trucks of any make/model at auction mostly (that supposedly certifies their vehicles), has someone else go over them for issues, and then sells them to the public. I've never been too keen on buying from them (dealerships) myself, but as I can usually fix most non-major problems myself I thought I'd take a chance. I've looked at a few private owned Yukons already and this one is the cleanest so far...

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score

^^^^ +1!

Is this a four or two wheel drive? All wheel drive?

WAY too expensive in my opinon with all the problems it has. A decent set of tires will run you nearly 850 - 900 bucks alone.

I recently sold an IMMACULATE '06 Yukon 4x4, private party, with 102K miles on it for $14.5. This truck had NO problems and ALL services up to date.

kschumake83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought my 02 ls tahoe 5.3 4x4 from a real dealership, with no issues, brand new tires and 114k for $7000. I think a yukon with issues like bald tires and 130k miles would be less than that depending on options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

OP
OP
Booyahzman

Booyahzman

Reaction score
^^^^ +1!

Is this a four or two wheel drive? All wheel drive?

WAY too expensive in my opinon with all the problems it has. A decent set of tires will run you nearly 850 - 900 bucks alone.

I recently sold an IMMACULATE '06 Yukon 4x4, private party, with 102K miles on it for $14.5. This truck had NO problems and ALL services up to date.

This is a 4WD with the SLT package. No DVD system or third row, but does have the Bose speakers and the Z71 stuff supposedly (definitely has the 4.10 gears which is what I'm looking for).

So if I can get it for $8k with the airbag service light on still, where would I need to start to get it fixed?

Sent using Tapatalk

MrJuanderful

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have fallen in love.

Please,please end it now.
Stay single for a while and play the field.Lots of fish in the sea,Momma said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imterarizer