Thinking about new lighting...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So im thinking about doing new lighting all around...

Here is what I am thinking for the front:

LBCLHPC1094JM_D.jpg

...but I want to use these headlamps w/blue lenses instead

LHP-C1088JMB_A-2.jpg

For the rear thinking of going LED with these, nothing fancy

LTC1088RLED-2.jpg

What do you guys think?
And of course all non-led bulbs replaced with LED

Just not to sure I like the full LED parking lights...

2LBC1088JMLEDKS.gif

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
I would do the tail lights for sure.

The headlights will more than likely reduce your light output. Corners and parking lights should be fine, I would just reseal them so they wont leak down the road. You get what you pay for.

OP
OP
hapyspaz

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You think the headlights would reduce light output? They are halogen projectors, if anything, I would think I would get a gain in light output. If I remember when I talked to KB about the headlights before he told me they had H1 bulbs.

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Yeah, reduced.

Those headlights are designed for looks, not function. I believe it uses a DEPO "projector" which aren't that bad. You might get a concentrated beam if anything but output will be reduced. Neighbor's brothers has something similar on his 'Burban, actually I think they are the same, just different color.

Last edited:

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the taillights and parking lamps. the headlights are a no go for me, but i do like the black housing. im guessing either on drl or low beam that ugly blue led will be on. thats a fail, i would go with regular crystal housing headlights because you'll need the light

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
IMO dont get those projectors. The dude with the red lifted 2 door tahoe had them and hated them.

These are clear, but perodicly come on ebay in black. And are much better quality. And they use 9006 and 9005 bulbs. Which is always good as they are DOT and if they get DOT stamped with 900 series bulbs it means they are a better projector usually (but I have seen these in action and their wonderful)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman