TBI Won't Fire.....Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GMCYukonDriver

GMCYukonDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I haven't been driving as much, so it hasn't been on my mind much, but the truck is still doing this.

Sunlit, where exactly is the icm? Is that where the ignition switch is located? A guy I was talking to said that 95's had issues with the ignition switch contacts being loose and having issues.

Going to do a full scrub down of the engine bay next week as well as some maintenance. If it does it again, I'll check my plugs and injectors, just to confirm that I'm getting spark and fuel.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ICM he's talking about is under the cap and rotor on the back side of the distributor. There are 2 lil bolts that hold it onto the distributor body. You can take it down to AutoZone and they can test it and tell you if it's good. There is also a pickup under there but that requires pulling the distributor and tearing it completely down. That module is $60ish for a lifetime one, the pickup is only $20.

OP
OP
GMCYukonDriver

GMCYukonDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update to this, it's the coil.

Replaced the ICM, that didn't do it, also noticed the coil is getting REALLY hot, due to where the whipple kit relocated it. It's turned sideways, sandwiched between the sideways throttle body (which is basically rotated 60 degrees backwards, and sits on the back of the whipple), and the intake manifold.

Going to relocate it to the firewall, but now that fall has set in, temperatures are dropping and it has not had a problem since. Just thought I'd update.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you running the stock coil still with that setup?? I mounted mine on the firewall, much better setup.