Tahoe PPV Help & Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xl VANCE lx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got rid of my last toy because we just had a baby and the car seat wouldn't fit. Starting my search for a 2012 and up PPV in order to get the 6spd transmission(I know it came in 2011, but heard that there were some issues with that year and to focus on 12 and beyond). While I'm searching for the right one, which I'm told can take some time; I'd like to start putting my list of what mods I want to make, the budget around that and look for a speed shop that can do the work(I'm in Dallas, suggestions welcome).

After doing a lot of research on the forums and elsewhere I have a tentative list but would appreciate a sanity check on what I'm looking at. I saw the video below from East Coast Classics and would like to do something similar(ideally take it a step farther for more HP without going the supercharger or Turbo route)

skip to 2 minutes in

Essentially he did the DOD delta kit(new cams, new lifters to remove Active Fuel Management), anyone have experience with this on the 5.3, was thinking new headers, intake manifold, exhaust etc. I would like to be in the 400-450 range of HP.

Thank you in advance, I appreciate the helpful suggestions that you have from your experience!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645