Suburban 1500 zw7 suspension fix - easy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OleDirtSouthTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Worked for me like a charm:
2004 Suburban 1500 AWD

Has the ZW7 package with the dastardly expensive, pain in the rear, most rootinest, tootinest, BS $500 a piece Nivomat shock and soft spring issue that many of you have. I had this problem as well, until a good friend in the “service department” at an unnamed, South Texas Chevy dealership told me the EASIEST fix. No expensive shock and spring conversion kit is needed. No need to worry about the “Premium Ride and self leveling suspension compatibility ” part of the ZW7 nightmare. Wanna get rid of the sag and death bounce from blown rear nivomats? Here is your solution:

MONROE MAX-AIR MA830 Air Shocks
MONROE AK29 Manual Fill kit

Install shocks and air fill kit and make sure all air connections are tight but not Super duper strip the plastic threads tight (Over the next few days to a week you will need to check the tightness of the air lines until you can firmly snug all the connections without breaking the plastic), fill the shocks via the fill valve to 40-50 psi for Normal every day driving or 65 if Towing a small trailer or load and BAM

SMOOTH RIDING SUCCESS. Fixed my problem for less than $150 and couldn’t be happier or find a complaint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11